News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!!

Started by metal4life, December 24, 2008, 09:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LastQ6

In all honesty, the Hornby Edward and Bachmann Edward models are both superior, Bachmann's for it's awesome detail to the Tv versions accuracy and Hornby's for it's more RWSish style and pulling power.

In short, both models are brilliant, love it or hate it.
Click below to view all my projects in my new blog

http://www.thethomasmodeller.blogspot.com

ZeldaTheSwordsman

RWS? With that smokebox and curving running plate? Btw, could you how to open up a Hornby Thomas?

ThomasFan247

I got
Thomas Holiday Set
Edward
Mavis
Henrietta
Coal Wagon x2
Well Wagon x2
Salt Van x2
Cattle Van x2
Raspberry Syrup Tanker x2
0-8-0 Shunter
250 Ton Crane & Boom Car
Log Unloader
18 Trees (Assorted)
Loads (Assorted)
Grassmats x2
Thomas 2009 Calendar
Trackmaster Rhenaes
Trackmaster Freddie
Halmark 2008 Thomas & Lionel Ornaments
Axe Deoderant
Bod Deoderant
Penn State Shirts, Pants, Hats, & Hoodies
Nike Sneakers
Converes
Train Shirts & Ties
Blue iPod Nano
Blue iPod Stereo
Black iPod Pillow Speaker
Painting Kit
Cooking Mama (DS)

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Hornby Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel 3-pack. Hornby's lousy Annie and Clarabel will be converted to fish vans. Their roofs will form my RWS Clarabel's roof.

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: goldwing on December 25, 2008, 04:53:04 PM
I happen to have both versions on pokemon Diamond and pearl and beat them in a week, so could you tell be your friend code, we can battle each other.

Sounds good to me, I have Diamond.  I only go by a few limits such as no legendaries (I hate it when people use legendaries in battle since IMO is really cheap) and pokemon being at a certain level since I don't want us to be at any sort of disadvantages level wise.  If you would like to battle me feel free to send me an email and I would love to work something out. ;) 

Email:
midnightexpressengine@hotmail.com

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 26, 2008, 02:35:43 PM
Hornby Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel 3-pack. Hornby's lousy Annie and Clarabel will be converted to fish vans. Their roofs will form my RWS Clarabel's roof.
Fish vans? Why I ask? Nothing from them is salvageable for a fish van! Their roofs aren't even use for RWS Clarabel!

Hornbys Annie and Clarabel are fine, inaccurate to the TV series, but still have some nice detail. Sometimes I prefer them over Bachmanns, and the TV due to the under detail.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I intend to sand the roofs smooth and put on RWS ventilators. As for why fish vans? I need more fish vans than the two scratchbuilt ones I've got. I intend to cover up the Annie and Clarabel's sides to alter theim, as I've got no use for them as coaches.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 26, 2008, 04:01:40 PM
I intend to sand the roofs smooth and put on RWS ventilators. As for why fish vans? I need more fish vans than the two scratchbuilt ones I've got. I intend to cover up the Annie and Clarabel's sides to alter theim, as I've got no use for them as coaches.
Oh for the love of-

Just go buy a KIT for once.

Your scratchbuild efforts would be good if you knew what you were doing. And if you say something about money, then you have no reason buying that Bachmann Emily you mentioned before.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I'm actually going to ask for her as a birthday gift. Oh, hey Sparks, here's a few facts for you: I'm cash-strapped, sixteen, lack a debit card and so my Mom has to order stuff off the internet for me, she isn't always willing to do that, I do know what I'm doing with my scratchbuilding at least according to the expert on RWS modelling(Gavin Rose, AKA Knuckles), and I'm in a slight rush.

StanierJack

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 26, 2008, 07:12:53 PM
I'm actually going to ask for her as a birthday gift. Oh, hey Sparks, here's a few facts for you: I'm cash-strapped, sixteen, lack a debit card and so my Mom has to order stuff off the internet for me, she isn't always willing to do that, I do know what I'm doing with my scratchbuilding at least according to the expert on RWS modelling(Gavin Rose, AKA Knuckles), and I'm in a slight rush.

No No No

you are doing it wrong

you should have bought thomas on his own, and brought the dapol fish vans as Sparks has said.

gah.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Was all I could find. And my mom got him for me as a GIFT. As fir Annie and Clarabel, their exact prototype is impossible to discern. My models, when done, will match Kenney's illustrations of them, and Knuckles, whom maybe one or two people here(you're among them) can come close to, as well as the expert on RWS modelling, finds that acceptable as RWS. The Bachmann models have a few points in their favour as material, not the least of which is the preexisting REAL faces. Plus the windows are small on both sides. But this discussion technically belongs in my workbench thread, we shouldn't clutter the Merry Christmas thread with an argument. By the way, what do you have against my modelling in general? :( I don't seem to recall any of your models looking so accurate when they weren't even half-finished, but did I slam them?

goldwing

Quote from: Chaz on December 26, 2008, 03:02:09 PM
Quote from: goldwing on December 25, 2008, 04:53:04 PM
I happen to have both versions on pokemon Diamond and pearl and beat them in a week, so could you tell be your friend code, we can battle each other.

Sounds good to me, I have Diamond.  I only go by a few limits such as no legendaries (I hate it when people use legendaries in battle since IMO is really cheap) and pokemon being at a certain level since I don't want us to be at any sort of disadvantages level wise.  If you would like to battle me feel free to send me an email and I would love to work something out. ;) 

Email:
midnightexpressengine@hotmail.com

Sweet, hay, why not I make a misolanious board so others who are interrested in other things might come also. Pluse, how far are you in the game, you better beat it by the end of march, pokemon platinum is coming out, and boy its hard, and cool. Pluse if you guys who have the game needs tips on it, why not drop by the board I am making, it will be called........... the everything topic board.

well till the next post.....................later.
Ok, so I return after 3 years, and guess what, I have no railways. FAIL

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 26, 2008, 07:40:21 PM
Was all I could find. And my mom got him for me as a GIFT. As fir Annie and Clarabel, their exact prototype is impossible to discern. My models, when done, will match Kenney's illustrations of them, and Knuckles, whom maybe one or two people here(you're among them) can come close to, as well as the expert on RWS modelling, finds that acceptable as RWS. The Bachmann models have a few points in their favour as material, not the least of which is the preexisting REAL faces. Plus the windows are small on both sides. But this discussion technically belongs in my workbench thread, we shouldn't clutter the Merry Christmas thread with an argument. By the way, what do you have against my modelling in general? :( I don't seem to recall any of your models looking so accurate when they weren't even half-finished, but did I slam them?
ANNIE AND CLARABEL ARE EX LMS SUBURBAN COACHES

The last time you probably talked to Knuckles was on MTF, and I'm sure he'd have a wide lot of criticism for you. Stop worshipping him as the God among modellers, and listen to other people for once.

And I don't even have any model projects. And besides, Christmas is over. Back to the land of criticism.  :P

ZeldaTheSwordsman

They aren't necessarily. Christopher Awdry has said they may have been converted from old six-wheeled coaches. Three things:
1. I can no longer talk to Knuckles on MTF, thanks to Tom banning me without giving anyone a reason. Could you and the others perhaps start a petition?
2. You might not have projects but StanierJack does.
3.Maybe it is time for criticism. But it still doesn't belong in this thread.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 26, 2008, 09:45:13 PM
They aren't necessarily. Christopher Awdry has said they may have been converted from old six-wheeled coaches. Three things:
1. I can no longer talk to Knuckles on MTF, thanks to Tom banning me without giving anyone a reason. Could you and the others perhaps start a petition?
2. You might not have projects but StanierJack does.
3.Maybe it is time for criticism. But it still doesn't belong in this thread.
....They ARE necessary. Annie and Clarabel are LMS SUBURBAN COACHES. Is that clear enough? They were never once converted from old six wheeler coaches. Maybe the prototypes might of, but NOT Annie and Clarabel. Jeez.

And Knuckles still has MSN, and you can't say anything about his opinion unless you've showed him RECENT work! It doesn't make sense. And what kind of petition? StanierJack has some decent projects, and we criticized where we needed to. But you're just stubborn and ignore our criticism. You're going in the ENTIRE WRONG PATH to making a Railway Series Annie and Clarabel? "But Knuckles said-" STOP. HE SAW IT LORD KNOWS HOW LONG AGO. I can tell you right now that now he'd have a more critic view on it than your little "happy comment" you say he always had for you. At MTF, they criticized you, and you were ignorant.

And either way, the Bachmann Thomas and Friends board is so wacked up anyway, I really don't care.