News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2009 Catalog !

Started by GovB, December 05, 2008, 06:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GovB

Dear Bach Man,

When can we expect the new 2009 catalog and will it be Full Size or Digest Size?

Can't waite, GovB  :)
Happy Rails to You, GovB

the Bach-man

Dear Gov,
The new catalogs will be released, as usual, at Toy Fair in February. I imagine there will be catalogs in both sizes.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Yampa Bob

Mr B, please ask the printer to use glue this time. My 2008 edition fell apart in a month, had to punch holes and put the pages in a notebook.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

db22

Does it not seem reasonable for Bachmann to use an online catalog so that they can sell more product? Selling and shipping catalogs in this day and age seems antiquated, expensive, not green and less efficient.
The web is where most people find their products and it is obvious that the Bachmann web site was designed by a failing student. I know of many Bachmann products that are not even mentioned on their site.

Joe Satnik

Ahh, must have gotten coal in your stocking.

(Although that might be a good gift for a live steam operator.)

Joe
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Terry Toenges

db -
I know a whole lot of folks who don't use the internet and have no desire to use the internet.
I would buy a catalog, even though I use the internet. It's much easier to pick up a catalog and look at something than it is to go boot up the computer and wait.
Feel like a Mogul.

Loco Bill

I always get a hard copy for my historical record,  I am one of those who must touch and feel the product I am interested in before I buy.   The catalog is a great item to pass out at the various train shows as well.   The problem I also have with the online sites is that they often carry a limited stock or none at all. 

Still the idea of an online catalog is a good one as lots of the younger folks like to buy that way even if it means paying a higher price and shipping to boot.  My son uses online because his work keeps him too tied up to shop in a real store.  It is best for Bachmann to serve all styles of buyers.  We need new younger folks in the hobby just to keep it alive.  Everything possible should be done to attract them to the hobby!!

Merry Railroading
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

grumpy

I find that most online sites are not up to date , some are years out of date . I have ordered a no of times only to find out that the item is no longer in production or it is sold .Some of the sites are now trying to get online customers to preorder by advertising the product before it is stocked. I am waiting for a 2-10-4 that I ended up preordering. My suggestion is if you see something on the internet you want ph the co and place the order by ph. You will then know if the item is in stock.
Don

az2rail

I hope that the new catalog will be full sized, to match my others. Nothing worse changing the size of the books when you collect them. I also like paper catalogs over on-line catalogs. I like flipping through the pages, and you can take them with you and read them out loud to your wife while she is driving.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.