Hey Guys...How About.......

Started by viggie, December 25, 2008, 01:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viggie

I have been a fan of Williams Trains for many years. And a fan of Bachmann even longer. Looking at a GG-1 Locomotive in the Golden Memories Catalog something caught my eye. Besides seeing a beautiful engine...I saw some Beautiful Track !   Yes, SUPER "O" track. It still has a large following. As a matter of fact there is a Yahoo Group devoted to it ! Lionel won't make it because of the Cheap & Noisy Fast Track they are trying to pass off as the New Super "O". Yek ! The rails are not even shaped like rails ! You guys kicked them in the butt for years with high quality 1950's style trains. Why not kick them again with Super "O" Track ! Can't you imagine a Williams Super "O" Set that actually has Super "O" track in it while a similar Lionel Super "O" set does not ! Wooo Hoooo
Thanks, John
viggie@comcast.net

rtraincollector

First that would be great as super O is still sought after especially on EBAY . I did hear about a year ago thou there is a company that does make it but I don't believe they have the finacial means to mass produce it to where it avaible in quanity to cover all wanters of it. I also seem to think its some small company ( small compare to Bachmann, Lionel, MTH exct.) out of PA. Just don't remember any more on it.

DominicMazoch

Only two things about Super O:

1.  Have the center rail with a slight semi-circle on top, to reduce roller wear.

2.  Make it both O-36 and 0-31 so I can "drop-in' the track onto my current layout.

Joe Satnik

How does Lionel Super-O compare to Gargraves?

Joe
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

rtraincollector

Quote from: Joe Satnik on December 27, 2008, 10:29:58 AM
How does Lionel Super-O compare to Gargraves?

Joe
Joe Super O track snaps together and has a clip that goes on the middle bar between the 2 pieces. A lot use to say that the bar would cut your roller in 2 but that is not true and has been proved wrong what has caused this is arc-king from a roller not turning properly because of build up in it or other shorting problem. Super O had plastic ties and looked like real track like gargraves. I personally would prefer Super O if I could afford it as it was the track I started on way back in 1963/4 . I miss that track but can't really afford it now and a lot of the track you get now has broken pins from outer rails and its hard to get old out and replace them.