News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Idea for the Bach Man

Started by USAF_Andy, December 27, 2008, 08:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USAF_Andy

In HO and N scales, you sell seperate tenders in several different designs.  Have you thought about doing this in On30?  You could do a whaleback like several roads used, or shorter versions of the Connie tender.  Have you ever considered this?

Tomcat

Great idea, Andy!

Adding more variety to Bachmann´s models by selling separate tenders would give a enourmous chance to get "my special model" by changing the tender. Same, if Bachmann would have the various letterings in stock.

Just a example: If I have a Bachmann Consolidation lettered for the imaginable Pocahontas Lumber Co (No.27 when I get it right...) and if I want a identical engine with another Number, I could buy a separate Pocahontas Lumber lettered tender and add it to my engine which could have been a Midwest Quarry... They share the same design, black with iron colored smokebox...

Bach-man, think of it; I would suggest this to be a gread addition to your range,
the kitbashers would get crazy about this issue, though... ;) ;) ;)

Cheers, Tom

peterherron

You can buy an extra tender from the ladies in Bachmann Parts.  They are not giving them away, though.  I was quoted $40.00 for a Mogul tender which seems a bit steep for what is a pretty plain jane model.  I'd go $40 for a Connie tender.  What about it Bach Man, put in the good word for me???

Peter

Frisco

Quote from: peterherron on December 29, 2008, 01:53:31 PM
I was quoted $40.00 for a Mogul tender which seems a bit steep for what is a pretty plain jane model.
The HO scale ones go for between $37 and $53. The don't have much more detail but do have the circut bords inside(although I can't imagen that these are worth much). Also the ON30 ones are larger so $40 dosen't seem verry far off.