News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Where's Waldo?

Started by r0bert, March 17, 2007, 11:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LD303

dude......you dont have a clue how a steam loco works or is operated do you?  oh well.....youre a kid and its always good to dream.

HOplasserem80c

yes i do know how a steam loco operates. I am tierd of you telling me what i do and don't know> i probably know 3 times as much about operating a steam loc from my grampa nad my dad. SO mr.smartypants (haven't said that in a while) while you are trying to find the jonhson bar i am steaming a 56 miles in hour with a 5000 ton coal train to columbus in the norfolk and western A class #1218.

Jake

Dude it's impossible to be able to control the Johnson Bar, Throttle, Water Injector valves, Steam Injector Valves, Mechanical stoker, Blower Valve, Brake and Numerous other components from on handheld controller, it would require specially mounted servo moters to trun every nob and pull every lever and cord to operate a steam engine. And much less a Big Boy, they were taken of of operation for a reason. And there are currently no plans to put one back into operable condition. Sorry to burst you bubble but...
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Jake on March 24, 2007, 12:17:41 PM
Dude it's impossible to be able to control the Johnson Bar, Throttle, Water Injector valves, Steam Injector Valves, Mechanical stoker, Blower Valve, Brake and Numerous other components from on handheld controller, it would require specially mounted servo moters to trun every nob and pull every lever and cord to operate a steam engine. And much less a Big Boy, they were taken of of operation for a reason. And there are currently no plans to put one back into operable condition. Sorry to burst you bubble but...
Sorry to bring up an old topic But...
Can anyone imagine a big decoder mounted in the tender. LOL. Function 0- headlight, function 1 bell, function 2 whistle, function 3 brakes. LOL, That would be fun...
Alex

kevin2083

there is a saying "theres a prototype for everything"
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Jake

Quote from: Guilford Guy on October 21, 2007, 10:17:32 PM
Quote from: Jake on March 24, 2007, 12:17:41 PM
Sorry to bring up an old topic But...
Can anyone imagine a big decoder mounted in the tender. LOL. Function 0- headlight, function 1 bell, function 2 whistle, function 3 brakes. LOL, That would be fun...

But imagine how many amps of power that would take!!! O_O
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Guilford Guy

Hah, can anyone say North East Corridor. LOL
My ewectwic twain!
Alex