News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 TT retrofit please

Started by swdw, November 06, 2008, 12:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swdw

It would be nice if you would take a page from kato and come up with a traction tire retrofit for the 2-6-6-2.

Or, do another run with traction tires.

I have an old ConCor 2-8-8-0 that pulls like crazy because its heavy and has a set ot TT's on each set of drivers.

My Spectrum Connie and Lt Mtns are decent pullers because of the traction tires. The new Hvy Mtn pulls like crazy too.

The kato mike did not interest me until they came out with the TT drivers users could install.

Articulateds NEED traction tires because the weight is distributed over more points reducing the weight on each driver.

So please- TT retrofit or new release with them please.

There are many others out there like me that won't spend money on a "big" locomotive that averages pulling only 13-15 cars in most tests.

swdw

Interesting. Bought one of the new Walther's LL 2-8-8-2's.

I'd bought one of the old LL ones a couple of years ago and sold it when I found out it couldn't pull more than 12 cars.

The new one is a totally different story. With only one set of traction tires on only one set of drivers, it pulls over 30 cars.

I recently learned that the Kato Mikes can be outfitted w/ 2 sets of tires and easily pulls 30+ cars

Makes me wonder what a 2-6-6-2 would do with a pair of tires on each group of drivers. One can always dream  ;)

alister

You could try Bullfrog Snot and see how that goes. There's a few people on other forums trying it. Basically you apply a drop to a pair of drivers, according to others results have been good.

Just passing it on, not affiliated in any way.

cheers

Alister