News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Brand New.....Help

Started by mardon, December 30, 2008, 06:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mardon

I've just purchased my first two Bachmann HO trains with the EZ track systems.  Have decided to make this my retirement hobby after experiencing severe health problems with cancer and unable to do much else.  However, my problem is I have no idea how to get started, build and continue to add to a simple but fun layout and is the EX track interchangeable with other track?  Any and all suggestions will be more than welcome.  Thanks!!!!

Hunt

Welcome to a great hobby. It as you will discover, has many facets.

Suggest you do a lot of reading before you spent a lot of money.
For starters read all the articles in http://www.trains.com/mrr/default.aspx?c=ss&id=16
Don't overlook the other links to articles on the left in the link I just gave you.

You can use some other brands of HO track with E-Z Track; but, it will require modifications. My suggestion is don't.

BIG BEAR

Mardon,
   Welcome aboard, please feel free to ask any question you have.
   I really like the sturdy, rugged, simplicity of the EZ track. This is the only track I use.

Enjoy,
     Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

the Bach-man

Dear Mardon,
All track is basically the same once it's together; the rub is that each brand has it's own roadbed joining pattern. You should choose a basic layout design and go with the brand that has the most variety with regard to your specific needs.
I've had great results with EZ Track, but, of course, I'm biased...
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man

grumpy

I second that . you can have an operational layout in much less time than you can with conventional track. If all you want to do is have fun EZtrack is for you.If you want to add other types of track for the purpose of accessories the modifications are quite simple. There is a book available with track plans specifically for EZ track.I too have severe health problems besides being old but this is a hobby that I can handle . EZ track makes it that much easier.
As Mr. Bachman says
Have fun
Don