News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Product specs

Started by Mustang, December 30, 2008, 06:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Can anyone tell me where I can find the specs for the power pack and EMD F9 locomotive that came in the Highballer Train set. I looked in the N scale product section and can't even find the set listed. Thanks for any ifo you can give.
Mustang

Conrail Quality

What specific specs are you looking for?

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Mustang

Timothy, I would like to the amperage of the power pack and just any thing I can find out about the locomotive; how many cars will it pull; at what grade, etc. Basically, what have I got?

Conrail Quality

Is this your power pack?
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=209
If so output to the track is about 0.7 amps.

As for the locomotive, there are too many variables for me to give you a number. How long have you broken it in, how free-rolling are the cars, and so on. All of these factors and more affect how many cars a locomotive will pull up a given grade. Generally, the Bachmann F9, if you have the newest split-frame version, is a decent but unspectacular puller compared to other N-scale locomotives.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Mustang

Thanks for the info Timothy. I received the Highballer set for Christmas so it only has about an hour run time. I told my wife, my sons and I had an N scale layout when they were youngsters (about 40 years ago). She thought I might like to have an other shot at it. Form what I see on the forums it seems to be a whole new world as far as the equipment goes