Warning sticker on the back of boxes

Started by bongobear, December 30, 2008, 08:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

I believe because plastic is a pertroleum product... Don't smoke your trains and you'll be fine.
Alex

Woody Elmore

Go into Sears and look at the hammers - they have warning labels on them telling the user to point the hammer away from his or her face! Look at extension ladders- there are so many labels that they make a short story.

RAM

You don't want to heat food in your gondola or hopper cars.

Atlantic Central

A few thoughts:

One, water does not cause metal corrosion, free oxygen molecules do. Water is just the most common carrier of free oxygen molecules. Look at the inside of an iron pipe or radiator of a hydronic heating system - no rust will be found. Why because the water, which has been heated to above boiling, is distilled and contains no free oxygen, and it is a closed system with no "air" in the pipes, so no rust.

Water does not cause wood deterioration, it only feeds the fungus that causes wood rot.

New report just out, breathing is hazardous to your health - conclusive study finds that EVERYONE who breathes eventually dies.

The most hazardous thing in California is the people.

Sheldon

jsmvmd

Dear Sheldon,

Now I know why the man who detailed my 1999 Suburban purchase told me not to remove the radiator cap to check the coolant level, just to add extra to the overflow tank.

To all our other friends, is it not amazing just how much we are regulated, and probably how much we need to be, when you see all the idiots out there, e.g. the guy who nearly ran me over in the McDonald's parking lot, or the guy who roared out of his parking space in reverse right in my path, etc, etc.

I am  not having a very good year dealing with people who are not responsible.

Best Wishes to All!

Jack

Yampa Bob

My favorite is the label on prescription bottles:  "Take 2 tablets BY MOUTH", Duh.

Yet, the instructions for suppositories says only to "Insert one", but doesn't say where.   8)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Len

There is a good summation of the Prop 65 fiasco, and why it's simpler for manufacturers to slap the labels on everything, on this page:  http://www.aristocraft.com/articles/warning%20label/index.html

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Atlantic Central

Len,

Good resource. Proof once again that the most dangerous thing in California is the people

Sheldon

RAM

Meaningless warning labels lead to people ignoring important labels.