News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 sound chuff.

Started by Tony Walsham, January 02, 2009, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Walsham

I understand the sound chuff is once again optical.

Can someone please tell me if the signal is the same as the K-27?
Or:
Has it been inverted so that it works with most sound systems, without requiring any additional components?
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

Superheater

Mr. J. D. Miller has posted the procedure for inverting the locomotive above, using the packing blocks from the box.  Once inverted in this manner, the chuff circuit is also thereby inverted.

Since your'e in Australia, though, this cycle is once again half out of phase, so once inverted, you'll have to re-invert the wheels to make it work properly.

(This response generated strictly for amusement purposes while you await a serious one.)

John Fitch

Tony Walsham

Mr Bachmann.

I really would like an answer to my question.  As no doubt would many others.

Please?
Tony Walsham

the Bach-man

Dear Tony,
     As we said last summer, the Mallet has two independent chuff sensors.  One sensor is on each engine.  Both sensors are designed to work with the popular sound systems on the market without the need to hook up any additional electronics.
     Each sensor is connected to its own unique pin on the socket. This allows the user to set up his or her sound system to simple mode, compound mode, or with the installation of a switch (like the prototype) simple mode at slow speeds and compound mode at faster speeds.
     Many sound systems in DC mode have their own battery.  The mallet provides a connection for this battery that powers only the chuff circuit.
     On the lighting side the current limiting circuits are on the positive side of the lights and the control is on the ground side.  If the end user wishes to replace a light they can bypass the current limiting circuit and directly connect one side of the light to the + lead on the main board.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Tony Walsham

Thank you Mr Bach Man.

So. I take it your answer is confirmation that the output signals from the optical triggers are the other way around from the K-27?

That is not a problem for me.
The RCS/EVP PnP-3BK ESC's are set up for the signal being either way.
Tony Walsham

Buck

When I saw this post, I was wondering if I could get a clarification. If running a PB9 Sound system on the 2-6-6-2, for DC operation, where would you obtain power from? I'm not electronic savy here, so I need to have a clear idea where to attach for power. Thanks