News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Track Un-Reliable?

Started by Trainlover756, January 03, 2009, 02:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainlover756

I use Black E-Z Track. I like it, but it tends to be very bad in performance. I have black, but I am highly considering replacing it with some other track, because it performs badly. You have to constantly clean it, and around the curves, the track it self bends upward, and is uneven. I just wanted to know, why does it act like cheap track, and is NS E-Z track any better?

alex wittman

yes, nickel silver is the best track bachmann ever made. it does not oxidize like the steel alloy(black roadbed) but it tends to be spendy, i would suggest finding some on sale online

Santa Fe buff

Nickel Silver? Nickel SILVER?! :o

Yeah, it's awesome,
you should invest in it. It's way more reliable then the Steel Alloy (Black Bedding). It last longer, oxidation doesn't occur that easily, it is also looks better with the gray bedding. So far, I'm having trouble with my fleet of Steel Alloy track, yet my Nickel Silver is much better. I would at least try it... :)

Good luck,
Josh
- Joshua Bauer

alex wittman

i am an expert at replacing rails, i converted some atlas code 100 track and replace the steel alloy from the black roadbed. its difficult without taking off the plastic spikes.

Anthony P2

i use the NS track. it's very reliable

Santa Fe buff

Hey,
if you think Steel Alloy is unreliable, don't even mention B-R-A-S-S...

Who, what, where, why? I said nothing... :o

alex wittman,
I'm guessing you cement your rails to the bedding? Oh, does it look weird when it's cemented; if it is cemented?

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

alex wittman

no cementing, i just slide the old steel rail out from under the spikes, and put in the NS atlas track in under the spikes, i started this adjustment when i started my 4x8 layout after the track test. kind of easy

Santa Fe buff

Huh,
That's pretty cool, I'll try that right now! *Almost shuts down computer before adding name at end*
Oh yeah-

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

alex wittman

but be very careful, those spikes come off easily, its okay if they come off some ties but if they all come off, then you are in mess of trouble.

Santa Fe buff

The spikes and the ties weren't any trouble, just when it slipped and Mr. Thumb was in a pain... No blood though. Heck of a lot painful. I'll stick to buying Nickel Silver instead... Thank though, I was able to paint my railroad Ties and Spikes to look extremely realistic.

Thanks though,

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

alex wittman

okay, thats good, happens to me too, but ther is a lot of ways to get nickel silver track, either you can buy true track from atlas, it is code 83 track with brown ties and removable roadbed

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Trainlover756 on January 03, 2009, 02:38:41 AM
I use Black E-Z Track. I like it, but it tends to be very bad in performance. I have black, but I am highly considering replacing it with some other track, because it performs badly. You have to constantly clean it, and around the curves, the track it self bends upward, and is uneven. I just wanted to know, why does it act like cheap track, and is NS E-Z track any better?
I have the same track but I don't always have to clean it. Before cleaning it adjust the position of the track & try it. That's what I have to do sometimes.

Michael

I suggest saving up and buying the NS track from bachmann.   It would be more easier and free of risk of killing your track. 
Quote from: alex wittman on January 04, 2009, 02:59:09 PM
okay, thats good, happens to me too, but ther is a lot of ways to get nickel silver track, either you can buy true track from atlas, it is code 83 track with brown ties and removable roadbed
EDIT:  He has a good idea.  I use it and I am using it again for my 3rd layout w/out the ballast.  Code 83 has brown ties and you might have to clean it once in a while, but its better than scrubbing everytime you use it!  lol

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Nickel silver is better, yeah. The steel rail track gets too dirty, too fast, especially if left plugged in. And the black roadbed is more prone to warping, for some reason.

Santa Fe buff

Oh yah,
Atlas True-Track is pretty cool. 8) I thought that was neat, but I'll stick with E-Z track! ;) I use regular Atlas for smaller lines...

Hasta luego!

Josh
- Joshua Bauer