News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Track Un-Reliable?

Started by Trainlover756, January 03, 2009, 02:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex wittman

i will stay with bachmann track, it is easy because it has the roadbed and you can glue ballast on there, and switches are easy because the machines don't stick out like atlas true-track, i really love bachmann track.

StanierJack

I use Peco code 75 OO track for my layout. Doesn't have the silly plastic ballast E-Z that does have...

Santa Fe buff

- Joshua Bauer

alex wittman

that is a good idea, then you can make a crossing with narrow and standard like at the warf.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

You can put proper ballast ON E-Z track. Won't take as much either. :D

StanierJack

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 09, 2009, 11:35:37 PM
You can put proper ballast ON E-Z track. Won't take as much either. :D

But it looks less realistic...

The moulded base is kinda silly if you ask me. Only good for a floor layout...

Santa Fe buff

...A floor layout is what I had before I got my board up. That's why I have E-Z track, also, my lines are going to be fairly cover a lot with ballast, so I doubt you'll be able to see all of the ties anyway.

But Jack has a point...

Oh well, different strokes for different folks!

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

StanierJack

Never have I seen a good layout with E-Z track, no offense.

I'd rather spend a day ballasting half of my track than 5 minutes assembling a rtr one...

StanierJack

Michael J. Caboose

Sorry, I don't quite understand that logic.

I use Bachmann track along with my regular Atlas flextrack, and when they are ballasted together, there is no evidence of the EZ track being there. The ballast isn't higher on the EZ than on the flextrack. If paired with cork or foam roadbed, you shouldn't have any issues with rail height.

Billbarman

EZ track is good for one reason, if oyur on carpet the hair dosnt get into your trains... but it has relaly abd connection TBH, I wouldent sue it for a perminant layout but its alright for what I have now...

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Chessie Sys. 3022

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 26, 2009, 01:30:26 PM
Um, you wouldn't sue it? ???

He wouldn't use it. Honestly people, is it really that hard to spell things right, or proofread your posts? It gets rid of a LOT of confusion...

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I know. I was trying to be tactful.