News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

This is an interesting question, but...

Started by Hoople, March 18, 2007, 10:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoople

... could I send in my Heavy Mountain for repairs/replacment, but send in enough money to cover the $20 fee and to upgrade it to be eqiuped with a Tsunami decoder?
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

lanny

Hi Hoople,

My guess is that you probably need to call and talk to Bridget or someone (in person) and ask them that question.

There are some really great DCC experts on this forum and they may have an even better solution for you.

best wishes on getting your DCC installed.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Hoople

Thanks for the very quick reply.
I figured I would have to do some pre arranging.
-Hoople-

Virginian

I do not think Bachmann is in the business of doing conversions, OR that you would get the best results from having them do it, even if they would, which I doubt.  Check with Tony's or Litchfield is my advice.
"What could have happened... did."

SteamGene

Based on what Tony's charges for installing a sound decoder, I don't think Bachmann would do it for $20.  But I don't think they'd do it, anyway.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Hoople

Quote from: SteamGene on March 19, 2007, 11:13:12 AM
Based on what Tony's charges for installing a sound decoder, I don't think Bachmann would do it for $20.  But I don't think they'd do it, anyway.
Gene

Gene, I ment if I could send in my 4-8-2 for Replacement, and send in enough money for the new version subtracked from mine AND the $20 fee for the actual replacement.
-Hoople-

the Bach-man

Dear Hoople,
No the sound boards are not available in Philadelphia.
Sorry!
the Bach-man

Hoople

Sometimes I feel like I don't express my point. Let me try to clear this up.
I have a HO Heavy Mountain. I need to send it in so it can be replaced, which costs $20. I was wondering if I could send in the price for the Sound Equiped version minus mine also and have it be replaced by one with sound.

Does that make any sense?
-Hoople-

lanny

Hoople,

I 'think' I understand what you would like to do. If I understand it correctly, it 'seems' like it might be workable (unless Mr. Bach Man says 'no' to that idea as well). I still recommend you call Bridget at Bachmann and explain that you want to return your 4-8-2 along with $20.00 which is the required fee for warranty work, and you were wondering if for an added fee of however much they ask, Bachmann would send you a DCC ready model as a replacement.

Did I understand correctly what you are wanting to do?

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Stephen D. Richards

How about sending in the defective loco, with your 20.00 and buying a new one with sound!  That way you get two locos.  The cost difference will probably be the same anyway!  Just a though.  Stephen

Hoople

Quote from: Stephen D. Richards on March 20, 2007, 08:49:01 AM
How about sending in the defective loco, with your 20.00 and buying a new one with sound!  That way you get two locos.  The cost difference will probably be the same anyway!  Just a though.  Stephen
Lanny was the closest, because I want a sound equiped version. I have the DCC ready. Stephen, I'm 12. I can GARENTEE you I don't have $310 lying around.
-Hoople-

SteamGene

This is, unfortunately, another example of a lack of clarity causing confusion on the part of the readers.   It's unfortunate because it is a good question.
I'm fairly sure that Bachmann is not going to replace a DCC ready loco with a sound DCC one.  Another thing is the fact that they may not care what road they replace it with.  In my case, I don't want an N&W USRA heavy Mountain, or a FEC one, if they made one for the road that had more than anybody else, or a SP one.  I just want a C&O one. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Stephen D. Richards

Hoople,
    I apologize for my lack of clarity.  I was more or less trying to tell you in a tactful way that it would not make good business sense to make the deal you are seeking.  I can "guarantee" they would need to get their money out of it!

Gene, 
    You are correct as usual, in your very articulate manner!  I apologize to the board also for confusing things worse than they were!   Stephen

Hunt

Hoople,
Call the Bachmann Service Dept and discuss your options and the related cost with them.

SteamGene

Save time.  Use your dime, not theirs to call.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat