World's Greatest Hobby On Tour, Oaks, Pennsylvania

Started by the Bach-man, January 03, 2009, 10:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The first WGH show of the new year is under way at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA. I've seen many board regulars (Bob Rule was among the  first) and met many new friends. Attendance today was huge- estimated at over 20,000! The first 1,000 attendees each day get a free Plasticville built-up. There are scores of wonderful displays, most major manufacturers are here, and bargains are EVERYWHERE!
Drop by tomorrow and say "HI" if you're in the area.
Have fun~!
the Bach-man

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

the Bach-man

Hi, Bill!
Total attendance is estimated at over 35,000 for two days!
I wish you could have come as well.
Best,
the Bach-man

HO_GUY

Was There!  Great show, lots of displays.  I asked questions and found out a lot of info. from some very nice and knowledgable people...and purchased a few things as well.   :)

Cooped

Was there Saturday. The thing was so popular police had to close the exit on Rt 422 was backed up for ~ 6 miles! Well worth the time spent sitting in traffic, some excellent deals on some of the stands.

Dan
Yes dear, I'm looking at trains again........

rollndice83

I was there too! Thanks for the two plasticville split-level's. I thought people were going to start fighting over them. It was a great show! But the floor was way to overcrowded. But I did find a great deal also on my new Bachmann White Christmas N Scale Set.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Final attendance figures have been announced: 40,152! It is believed to be the largest attendance ever at a US train show.
Have fun!
the Bach-man