News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

help..im a newbee

Started by tomo, January 04, 2009, 12:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomo

okay..im starting with a thomas set for my kids.....comes with standard black circle track.....can i expand?
do all ez track connect ?
does black go with nickle track or vsilver/nickle?

i want to attack a automatic crossing gate and it says it is only compatible with nickle or silver.....hmmmmmm?

do other trains....ho.....run on my bachmann track?
and....lol....why bachmann? i picked it first for the size and the characters for my kids.....but.....are they comparable?...everyone says lionel are the best.

okay....thanks for listening and im sure i will get the answers once my stuff arrives but i don't want to spend a fortune in order to learn.
so far i have arriving in the next couple of days:
thomas set
gordon locomotive
ez track xtra track...black
30 degree crossing
grinch set

ummmmm.....i think that is it.
thanks.

Santa Fe buff

:o Lots of Questions!  :o

comes with standard black circle track - Which means it's Steel Alloy, and grey is Nickel Silver.

can i expand - Of course, you can buy a Bachmann E-Z Track Expander or use standard track, it's all compatible!

do all ez track connect ? - All Bachmann E-Z Track is interchangeable, so yes.

i want to attack a automatic crossing gate and it says it is only compatible with nickle or silver.....hmmmmmm? - I suppose you mean, "Attach" and "Nickel Silver", I would buy some Bachmann Nickel Silver E-Z track (Grey Bedding) just to be safe.

do other trains....ho.....run on my bachmann track? - Of course, anything HO scale (1:87.1) scale can run on any track labeled "HO scale" or "1:87 Scale".

...everyone says lionel are the best. - Only if it's HO scale, three-railed Lionel is very big.

far i have arriving in the next couple of days:
thomas set
gordon locomotive
ez track xtra track...black
30 degree crossing
grinch set
- All of that is compatible with one another, as long as it's all HO scale. The NMRA (National Model Railroad Association) makes sure every train locomotive in HO scale will run on any HO scale track manufactured. EDIT: Thomas & Friends items have "Hook & Loop" Couplers which will not work on "Knuckle" or "Hook Horn" Couplers.

Hook & Loop Couplers:

Knuckle Couplers:

Hook Horn:

EDIT (Again): If you want to convert your Hook & Loop couplers to standard couplers, check out this topic:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7754.0.html

If you have anymore questions,
Just Ask! :)

Josh

- Joshua Bauer

tomo

awesome...thanks for responding and sorry for the poor spelling...lol
very informative!