News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dear Bachmann

Started by Cheeky_ULP, January 04, 2009, 11:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chessie Sys. 3022

Another possibility is to have boxes with clear windows so the little kids can see what and yet there's still a safe place to put the trains for storage. I appologize if this has been mentioned already!  :P

~Justin

Diesel #261

Quote from: Sparks on January 07, 2009, 04:41:28 PM
Quote from: Shawmut Railway on January 07, 2009, 03:53:35 PM
Quote from: Sparks on January 04, 2009, 11:05:51 PM
I've had a concern with the Thomas and Friends packaging style.

All of the Bachmann items I've seen in stores come in boxes, including HO, OO and N locomotives, which I find to be convenient packages for models. The question I have is why in the Thomas and Friends range, the locomotives and stock come in tricky-to-open plastic packages that need tools to open. Is there any particular reason for this, or just for looks? I'd find it a lot more convenient to have my items boxed, rather than making a special carrying case for the items (and I'm sure other people feel the same!).

This is just a concern, and suggestion. Thank you for your time.

I think that the plastic packages should only be used for the locomotives.  They are very protective and I remember that the one guy at the hobby shop told me that if you drop the model in the package the worst damage that could happen is the models face poping off.  Locomotives in plastic packages and Rolling Stock in boxes. :)
Boxes still keep the items safe. :P

You are so hard to please! :P
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

metal4life

Boxes would be much more convenient for moving and storage. Wouldn't it also cost less? Also, would styrophome be more protective when dropped or mishandled instead of hard plastic?

StanierJack

Quote from: Shawmut Railway on January 08, 2009, 08:50:15 PM
Quote from: Sparks on January 07, 2009, 04:41:28 PM
Quote from: Shawmut Railway on January 07, 2009, 03:53:35 PM
Quote from: Sparks on January 04, 2009, 11:05:51 PM
I've had a concern with the Thomas and Friends packaging style.

All of the Bachmann items I've seen in stores come in boxes, including HO, OO and N locomotives, which I find to be convenient packages for models. The question I have is why in the Thomas and Friends range, the locomotives and stock come in tricky-to-open plastic packages that need tools to open. Is there any particular reason for this, or just for looks? I'd find it a lot more convenient to have my items boxed, rather than making a special carrying case for the items (and I'm sure other people feel the same!).

This is just a concern, and suggestion. Thank you for your time.

I think that the plastic packages should only be used for the locomotives.  They are very protective and I remember that the one guy at the hobby shop told me that if you drop the model in the package the worst damage that could happen is the models face poping off.  Locomotives in plastic packages and Rolling Stock in boxes. :)
Boxes still keep the items safe. :P

You are so hard to please! :P

The Bachmann range uses Blister Packaging, and most people would like boxes. What is so wrong with that?

TheDude

I've noticed Bachmann seems to be the only major Thomas-line company that does this too. Kinda wasteful on plastic when you think about it, boxes use a lot less plastic and machinery (therefore money) than the mold-to-fit thing now.

Anthony P2

true dat TheDude. i don't want to sound nerdy here but bachmann could go green without the plastic boxes. that is a lot of plastic thrown away. this is step by step of wat happens: package the engine, then cut to open, then trown in the trash, and piles up in land fills. and it would save money because you can keep the box.