1st Time Train Owner with newbie Questions..

Started by anelson02, January 04, 2009, 11:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anelson02

Ok so my son who is 8 got a bachmann starter train set for x-mas.  The Thunderbolt set.  Very basic, so he wants to add a few things to it, he really loves trains and just fall out of live with Thomas for some reason, thought that would not come until 10 plus...anyway.  I am trying to get him a gate, bridge and tunnel.  I have found a few on ebay and other hobby shps but I am not sure if they will work wiht this set.  I h ave a HO scale bachmann set with ez track.  This is what I have found:

1. Gate, bachmann double crossing ez track ho scale gate, I am sure this should work
2. Blinking bridge bachmann ho scale, but it does not say ez track on it, seller shows model # 46221 but I could not find this on thw website...Would this work with my ez track?

3.  Can you tell what if there are any other brand names that would work with this ho scale set I have besides Bachmann?  I have ran across atlas, athean etc..but do not know if there items, such as tracks, trains, accessories etc would work with this ex track bachmann set.

So there you have it, thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your help

Frisco

Quote from: anelson02 on January 04, 2009, 11:31:35 PM
3.  Can you tell what if there are any other brand names that would work with this ho scale set I have besides Bachmann?  I have ran across atlas, athean etc..but do not know if there items, such as tracks, trains, accessories etc would work with this ex track bachmann set.
All HO scale locomotives and cars (except Marklin)are compatible with your Bachmann set. Here are some of the main ones.

www.athearn.com

www.katousa.com

www.atlasrr.com

www.broadway-limited.com

www.walthers.com (Their refernce book would be a great place to find more).

www.modelpower.com

www.ihc-hobby.com

These are some places where you can find these companies stuff for sale

www.walthers.com

www.caboosehobbies.com

Your local hobby shop.

Ebay store The Favorite Spot

Places to find out more information about model trains.

www.modelrailroader.com

Books that you should read.

Anything from Model Railroader Magazine www.modelrailroader.com

Bachmann's EZ track book

Paul M.

If it doesn't say E-Z track, it won't work with it without major modification. Both Black Steel and Gray Nickel-silver EZ track are compatible with each other - however, the Nickel Silver track is overall better because it stay cleaner longer.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

the Bach-man

Dear A Nelson,
The accessories will indeed work. If they are not based on EZ Track roadbed, simply snap off the connecting hook on adjacent EZ Track sections.
Have fun!
the Bach-man