News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Other SR&RL cars

Started by Sherwood, July 21, 2009, 01:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherwood

Now that we will have our caboose to go with the Forney and pulp cars, what about releasing the other basic freight cars with SR&RL including the low frame arch bar?  I do plan to do at least one unlettered car but by the time I buy decals, arch bar trucks, maybe underframes and couplers (and scrounge the right length screws) if the unlettered cars are too old, it would be more than it would be worth.  (Plus  my decals never look as good as Bachmann lettering.)

While there is no lower passenger truck yet, I would also like to see the green passenger cars with Sandy River and Rangely Lakes - I am ok with the representative caboose and fairly generic freight cars, so it is only a little more stretch to the passenger cars...just don't look in the windows

(I like the new caboose, the real SR&RL ones were all a little different and the Bachmann window counts on either side of door do have examples ... just not on the same car!   "Selective compression" the O 3 railers call it when something is shortened but not reduced in overall scale to maintain a "look",  making it more practical for tight curves and small layouts.)

ebtbob

Mt Blue Models is a great source for 2ft gauge rolling stock
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org