News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Your Favorite N scale Locomotive

Started by westsidelumber12, January 05, 2009, 11:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westsidelumber12

Since i only have one, its gonna be my Santa FE GP40...lol

You can even post your favorite freight car if you have one..right now mine my 50 foot depressed center flat car with a transformer on hit but I'm hitting the trains store sometime this week and buying plenty of cars.
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

Cascade Northern

Steam: Baldwin 4-8-4 Northern
Diesel: EMD BL-2

Frisco

Frisco

Franz T

LifeLike used to make one about 10 years ago..

http://www.visi.com/~spookshow/bl2.html

(EMD made the prototype..)

in_eden

Proto NKP Berkshire
Bachmann Heavy Mountain
Model Power Pacific, B&O- I hear that they are problematic, but mine runs flawlessly
Micro-Trains B&O FT's.

Still waiting on a heavy Pacific (B&O P7, PRR K4) and Bachmann to re-run the Heavy Mountain in B&O (T3 or T4 class)... I hate decaling my own! Lazy...

Conrail Quality

My favorites are my Atlas P32-8 and my Con-Cor DL-109. Okay, so they're not necessarily in the same era, but I've never claimed to be a rivet counter...

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

heintz

Pennsy K4 "Skyline". but would love to see a Loewy "Streamliner"

brokemoto

MP mogul, as modified with either Kato or B-mann SPECTRUM USRA Standard tender.  Or  B-personn SPECTRUM USRA heavy 4-8-2.

TCWORLD

The B'mann H16-44 in B&O is my favourite so far as its an amazing runner, simple to take apart and clean the trucks, relatively easy to convert to Microtrains couplings (just need the MT drill and tap set) and easy to wire for DCC.
Depending on how good the GE44T is (when that finally makes its appearance - i preordered one in September/October last year  >:() then i might change my mind about my favourite - the GE44T certainly looks good from the pics
Tom

-~The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time~-

taz-of-boyds

Once Bachmann builds the Ten Wheeler and the Russian Decapod, they will be my favorites, but until then I guess it will have to be the Kato GG1!
Charles

thirdrail

The only one I have two of, the MDC (now made by Athearn) Consolidation:

Of course, I have modified them to models of PRR H3b Consolidations.  ;)

westsidelumber12

1: Anyone know where I can find a N scale Santa FE SD45-2?

2: Who makes any other Santa Fe steam and diesel locomotives?
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

Conrail Quality

1. Intermountain makes the only plastic SD-45-2 in N scale.

2. http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?category=Locomotive&scale=N&manu=&item=&keywords=Santa+Fe&words=restrict&instock=Q&split=30&Submit=Search
That should give you some ideas, although it doesn't include Athearn.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

NKP

The GE 44T. Mainly because I actually got to operate one once in the mid '60s for all of 50 or 60 yards!