News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bach Man, Can you help me with my Annie?

Started by Harvey, March 19, 2007, 12:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey

Bach Man, I have this Annie that I received as a birthday present from my
grandparents about twenty one years ago. She's an extremely well performing engine, But today she began to whine. I immeadiately took her out of service and lubed her, but the problem persists. What else can I do?
I would hate to park her on a siding somewhere, or part with her.

altterrain

Harvey,

I think the Annie's have only been around for 5 years or less (Annie - short for 20th anniversary edition). What you have is an early edition of the ten wheeler big hauler. Is it the battery powered or track powered? You can find some helpful tips here - http://www.girr.org/girr/tips/tips1/big_hauler_tips.html

-Brian
President of

traindude109

Actually the Annie is the 10th anniversary. It sounds like you have a first or second generation big hauler.
Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)

Tim Brien

Harvey,
            apart from LGB,  the only largescale readily available 21 years ago was Kalamazoo (later Delton/Hartland).   The radio-control Bachmann 'Big Hauler' series has been around about 16/17 years and the track-powered around 15 years.

Loco Bill Canelos

Harvey,

If it doesn't run well, and is one of the electric powered 4-6-0 locomotives you could send it to Bachmann for repair.  Give them a call and dicuss the problem with them.  Ther is a fee involved, as I recall $25 and you will have to pay to ship it to them, they will pay return shipping.   Repairs can take awhile, depending on the backlog of repairs, but they do a fantastic job!   I have done it and was very satisfied!!

Good luck
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

the Bach-man

Dear Harvey,
All of the above comments are valid. What is the road name or cab number?
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Harvey

Bach-Man, The Roadname/Number of my 4-6-0 is
Atchison,Topeka & Santafe #49 (All plastic details).

Harvey

I want to thank all of you that responded to this topic. I found the information to be extremely useful. I spoke to my grandma this
morning. According to her, My particular locomotive was purchased
around mid 1991. I'm not sure though, I thought was well before then.