News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann 4-6-0 pcb wiring

Started by wilk01, January 07, 2009, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilk01

can anyone supply me with the wiring color code to the small printed circuit board where the power on-off,sound on-off switches and the speaker output plug are mounted near the boiler on a 90-0100-27 r/c engine. the original pcb board was damaged by battery acid along w/ the wiring. a new board has been etched.

Loco Bill Canelos

Yours is a tough question.  The RC27 locomotives were made in 1989-90-91 for the toy market, rather than the hobby market.  In the units I have had the wiring was not consistant.  Wire colors varied depending on the production run and I know of no paper wiring diagrams.

If you have etched a new  board, the only advice I can give is to disassemble the unit and replace the existing wires one by one.

The rc locomotives go very cheap on Ebay, so you can probably get another one that works.   There were two frequencies 27MHz and 40Mhz so if you do buy one on Ebay be sure you are getting what you want.  I got a new in box set 90100 on Ebay For 34.50 and all I wanted was some parts!

Best of luck!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

wilk01

thanks loco bill,
the engine has been disassemble and the only thing left is rewiring the new pcb with the right color wires. the only wires that were still attached to the board were the brown and the white (speaker) i still have the red and black(power from the batteries) and a green and yellow. i assume the last two are sound but not sure.

altterrain

President of

Loco Bill Canelos

The site indicated by Brian is for the electric powered big Hauler and the 2-4-2 Columbia and most of that is different than in the RC version of the big hauler you have.  Can you post a picture of what you have as that may help in figuring out how to do it?

I did not realize the wires were already detached, but now that that is established I can only guees that the green & yellow are from the chuff sensor and should connect to the sound board.  As to where I cannot say or even guess.  Same true for the wires from the batteries. 

Unless someone here on the board can chime in with a picture, the only advice I can give is to find someone in your area who has one you could look at or get another one on Ebay and compare that way.

Sorry that I have been unable to help on this!

altterrain

Bill,

You may need to scroll down a bit to where George shows the pics of a cut down sound board from the RC BH and the wire connections.

-Brian
President of

Loco Bill Canelos

Brian is absolutely correct Loco Bill screwed up! Sorry to all about my error!! :-[  I did scroll down, but too quickly & I mistook it for something else.  Thanks for the correction!

Hopefully wilk01 can take it from there as it is fairly straight forward even though the wire colors are different.  I must say that I admire a guy who would go through the trouble of etching a new board and movng the components!!!!  It would be way to daunting for me!!

wilk01 good luck with your fix!!

wilk01

to Brian and Loco Bill,

Thank you for your help! i was able to decifer the color coding of the wiring for this old r/c model 90-0100-27. the sound really is the chuff switch grounding through the axle pick-ups.
if anyone needs a schematic of this model i will post it upon request.