News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2T Picture discrepancies

Started by geoff, January 09, 2009, 04:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff

I had ordered a 2-6-6-2T from my local hobby shop for $650.00. I went and picked it up yesterday, and when I got it home, I was quite upset with the appearance of the locomotive. I had odered a #82895 Yellow Pine Lumber version specifically because I liked the red window frames in the cab but do not like all the pin striping and white sidewalls on the wheels that most of the other versions have. The picture on the box is the same one used on Bachmann's site with the red window frames, absolutely no pin striping and black wheels. It just so happens that my #82895 Yellow Pine Lumber has pin striping on the cylinders and white walls on all the wheels! When I use the manufacturer's picture to determine which version to buy I believe it is reasonable for those pictures to reflect the actual product I am ordering. I own a lot of Bachmann products and over all I am pleased with what they do but this really ******* me off! Now unless this is a mistake? My only choice seems to be return it for an all black undecorated version?

lqdsky

I  ordered the Yellow Pine for the red cab only. I was also surprised to see the white striping, especially on the wheels.

I will take care of the pin striping once I weather the engine.

Loco Bill Canelos

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having.  The major problem is that most early pictures are often pre production pictures, put out because everyone is screaming  for some pictures.  This is not an excuse but a warning to be sure to look at the real item in a store before buying.  The pre pro pics get grabbed by marketing and the sellers so they can put them in an ad.  New buyers beware!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

altterrain

It just goes to prove - Never believe what you see or read on the internet  :o  !

-Brian
President of

spla13

i will buy one for 650.00. where can i get one?

ricnpat

RLD Hobbies had a couple left when I talked to them last week.
check here

http://www.rldhobbies.com/

Later
Rick Marty

the Bach-man

Dear Geoff,
The original pictures are computer generated, and were accurate at that time. However, final graphics often have minor changes; in fact, there is a disclaimer to that effect in the catalog.
Sorry for the confusion!
the Bach-man