News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Remote Turnout Wiring

Started by stolnscrnname, August 03, 2008, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stolnscrnname

As a newbie to trains I am sure this is a very basic question but for some reason I can not find the answer in the Bachmann instructions.  How do you connect the remote turnouts so they are active and can be operated?

I have the following (plus track and 1 DCC train):
-2 Remote Turnout - Left, each with an attached green wire and a black (female) connector
-2 Remote Turnout - Right, each with an attached green wire and a black (female) connector
-4 black switches each with a 2 prong (male) connector, a 3 prong (male) connector and a 2 prong (female) connector.  The 2 prong connectors are at opposite ends of the rectangular switch.
-4 green wires with a black (female) connector on one end and a 3 prong (male) connector on the other end.
-1 red wire with a black (female) connector on one end and a 2 prong (male) connector on the other end
-E-Z Command DCC Control system
-1 red wire that goes from the DCC to the track
-power supply for the DCC.

I am lost.  The DCC system is able to power the train and I can switch the tracks manually but no combination of connecting the switches seems to have worked so far.

If there actually is a manual/paper out there that explains this please direct me to it.

Lost in San Jose

the Bach-man

Dear Lost,
You need an analog power pack with AC terminals. Gang the controllers together, and run two wires from the AC terminals. The three wires go from each controller to their respective switches (turnouts).
Have fun!
the Bach-man

sreichhelm

Can you recommend an analogue power pack?

the Bach-man

Dear Sreich,
If the pack is just for powering switches, any one will do. If you want a very good pack for your entire layout, try an MRC pack.
Have fun!
the Bach-man