News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Easiest Bridges?

Started by Casy jHOnes, January 12, 2009, 11:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casy jHOnes

What is easiest bridge to use since Bach. doesn't make one? Read an old post about modifying an Atlas by prying & proding but then several folks made it sound like you could just connect it w/o modification?
I need above track types since I am going for absolute minimum clearance (3").
Ever tried cutting away edges Bach. roadbed? Would only loose 1/4" but might be good enough for hidden areas.
How could they NOT make money on a 9" bridge section?

Terry Toenges

Are you talking about a bridge with a piece of EZ track on it? What type of bridge?
A lot of bridges don't have ballasted roadbed and you can see through to the terrain below.
Feel like a Mogul.

Casy jHOnes

How about Atlas plate girder 9" # atl885 (cheapest) Or Atlas Warren Truss 9" # atl883 (cheapest)? Considering elevated areas are held up with plastic drinking cup piers rite now just about anything will look good to me. Thanks.

kevin2083

You can connect an Atlas bridge to the EZ track wothout modification, unless you want to cut off the plastic clips on the end of the EZ track. The bridge would just take the place of a 9" straight.

Kevin
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

jayl1

The Atlas 9" bridges are nice (stock #890 among others) - about $11 retail with a piece of nickel silver track installed.