News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Home projects

Started by Sodor Perfection, January 10, 2009, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanierJack

Very nice mate

Lovely to see something so uncommon modelled.

Anthony P2

how did u make that? it very nice

derricknscaler

awsome cable reel how do you make these things there awsome
and is there any thing else your planing?

Sodor Perfection

For sizes I used pictures from the Ladybird Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends books I have, specifically Percy Runs Away and Thomas Down the Mine.

Noticing from the books pictures the circumference of the cable drum was similar if not the same size as Gordon's front boogies. I then measured my HO Gordon's boogies and based the sizes on these figures.
Just as with the extended sectons of the red coach and snow plough I used my computer to make a template to what I believe where the component parts and printed the templates onto card. I then cut them out taking extra care as due to the size this was very fiddly, glued them together doubling up on some parts to give them that chunky look and also to add strength, painted it and used some thread again doubled up to make the cable.

I have got some plans for future projects but nothing near completion yet. Will post pictures/updates a.s.a.p. and as before suggestions are welcome.

derricknscaler

cool way to make engine parts do you have any plans for diesel 10s
crane claw thing that he has on top ( i forgot what he called it)

donaldengine9

Quote from: derricknscaler on March 27, 2009, 11:04:39 PM
cool way to make engine parts do you have any plans for diesel 10s
crane claw thing that he has on top ( i forgot what he called it)

He called it "Pinchy" in Thomas and the Magic Railroad, but in Calling All Engines, it was just called "the claw."

derricknscaler

yeah i never saw any thing about calling all engines but do you plan on makeing it?

Anthony P2

Quote from: derricknscaler on March 28, 2009, 02:33:20 PM
yeah i never saw any thing about calling all engines but do you plan on makeing it?

what do u mean "do u plan on making it" it was out in i believe 2004 (correct me if im wrong)

derricknscaler

i mean diesel 10s claw

jettrainfan

He called it "Pinchy" in Thomas and the Magic Railroad, but in Calling All Engines, it was just called "the claw."
[/quote]

When the movie came out i called it Pepsi :D! I am serious and i don't know why! maybe it was because i was like five(can't remember age when i saw it) and i saw it in the movie theater and loved it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Cheeky_ULP

Since the thread was brought back up, I can't help but ask if you do commissions? :P

Cheeky_ULP

Most likely would wish to send my Annie and Clarabels to you to be converted to the 4 wheelers, due to my own material shortage, possibly a breakdown train. :P

Cheeky_ULP

Would love to, but your Email is hidden!  :P

I was just going to have my three Clarabels and one Annie sent over to convert to coaches, then sent back. Not sure how we'd pay.

panniertankboy8751

Wow man :o. You have got some talent with modeling. Your probably my new favorite costom modeler along with StanierJack

Now i got to go over to trainland and get some annie and clarabels to make the old and red coaches before Christmas comes and I get EDWARD ;D

Cheeky_ULP

I think it might be an illustration error, considering the NWR would most likely use LMS coaches.