News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Station sounds

Started by tfcii, January 11, 2009, 09:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfcii

Recently I noticed that on the underframe of my Madison baggage car by Williams that it was written: "wired for station sounds".  I presume that there is some type of sound board that may be available to "plug-in" to the internal wiring of the car.  Please advise if a soundboard is available and where I might purchase or shop for one.  Thanks.
P.S.  This is an O scale car.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi,  I wish I could help but I don't kmow anything about Williams O Scale,  hipefully someone here can help, but if you don't get an answer here try asking the same question on the Williams by Bachmann discussion group lower on the main discussion page. 
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

glennk28

I'd love to have a "sound station" with the old Mel Blanc --Jack Benny Show announcements ending in "Leaving for Anaheim, Azusa, and Cuc-amunga!"--I remember that as a kid--gj

3rail

Hello,

About ten years ago Williams had an optional sound board that was included in some sets.  We were considering doing it again so we included a socket that would allow easy installation.  The project never took off and there are passenger cars that were produced for one year that have this plug and corresponding plate on the bottom.

Regards,
3rail