News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track Lay Outs

Started by 3Peas, January 11, 2009, 03:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3Peas

Hi ... new to trains and interested in getting some idea's for track layouts that are more interesting then just basic ovals with an off shoot.  Any idea's where I can find some to look at?  Thanks!

Santa Fe buff

I will have a 4x8 layout. This is my track plan I've created for my layout. All the curves and bends are 22" Radius turns. Which is pretty good, but not the best.

If you would like further suggestions, I recommend investing in books/booklets printed by Kalmbach Publishing Co.'s Model Railroader Magazine series. I have one on starting a layout, it offers a track plan for a 4x8 layout, but it's not the one I pictured. Or, if you are a subscriber to Model Railroader, then you can get online access to track plans.

Josh

- Joshua Bauer

Dr EMD

Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

Frisco

Try the book 101 Track Plans

also the Model Railroader special issue 102 track plans(patterened after the book above) has lots of good track plans in it.

bevernie

:DGREETINGS!! You could subscribe to MODEL RAILROADER!
   They've got a BUNCH of layouts, but you have to be a subscriber to access and download them. Their regular subscription rate is $42.95, but the little card in this month's magazine says $32.95!!
                                                                                          THANX!!
                                                          8)                                Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Hunt

You can find a few ideas for track plans in this link.
http://www.thortrains.net/index.html

bevernie

Quote from: bevernie on January 11, 2009, 05:57:21 PM
:DGREETINGS!! You could subscribe to MODEL RAILROADER!
   They've got a BUNCH of layouts, but you have to be a subscriber to access and download them. Their regular subscription rate is $42.95, but the little card in this month's magazine says $32.95!!
                                                                                          THANX!!

GREETINGS!! :D
               TALK ABOUT IRONIC!! Last night I had written a letter to MODEL RAILROADER, via e-mail, explaining why I had let my subscription lapse; today, via "snail-mail", I got a card entitling me to a free issue, if I'll just renew my subscription! Is that ironic, or what? PLUS the fact that we're discussing the advantages of said subscription on this thread!
     ;)      I really can't wait until they reply to the letter that I sent them last night!! :o
                                                                                            THANX!!
P.S.
      According to an ad, there are over 400 track plans on their web-site that one would have access to as a subscriber (@ $32.95)!!
                                                                                             THANX!!
                                                              8)                               ECD
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com