Just wanted to introduce myself.....

Started by Grandpawmoses, January 13, 2009, 04:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandpawmoses

First post to the forum. I bought my grandson a DC train set for Christmas & now we're hooked on it. I've ordered a DCC locomotive with the EZ Command system & hope to have it soon. I'm quite sure I'll be asking for your help then.
I've been reading the forum & have a question already. If my proposed track consisted of about 55 feet total length (a 5'X8' oval with a pair of DCC crossovers to connect to an inner oval) of E-Z track (not soldered together), and running two DCC trains (one with sound), should I plan to connect the EZ Command to the track in more than the one location to reduce the possibility of a voltage drop? I'm not planning on multiple blocks. My own twisted logic makes me think I can as long as I make sure I don't create a short by connecting across opposite rails.
Please forgive the long first post.
Grandpawmoses

If you want a clean drink or water,
go to the head of the stream.

SteamGene

I would want to have several drops - something between two and four I would think.  Also, if you have any sidings, whether stub or two ended, I'd put a drop to each siding.  I have a drop every nine feet. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

RAM

I do not know how Bachmann turnouts work when it come to power routing, but I am sure that you are going to need some gaps to keep from having a short.

Yampa Bob

Hi Moses, welcome to the board. Ask all the questions you want, we are here to help. Don't worry about "long posts", the more information we have the better we can understand the situation.

IIRC, the Bach-man recently stated that all the turnouts are "DCC friendly" as supplied from the factory.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.