News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC equipment on strait DC

Started by mosquitojunction, January 12, 2009, 09:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mosquitojunction

I bought a DCC equiped loco, but I don't have a dcc system. It would cost a fortune for me to convert to dcc. The railroad is all in a 24x40ft. building and all N scale. Can I run the DCC loco on strait DC???

the Bach-man

Dear MJ,
If it is a Bachmann locomotive you can, as we use dual-mode decoders. If it's another brand, which?
Have fun!
the Bach-man

johnd

Not always true Bach-Man. I had bought a 2-6-6-2 that ran for 5 min and the rods feel off and got bent. Sent it in for repair. Got a call from Bachmann and they said they did not have the parts to fix it. They substituted a DCC Heavy Mountain as a replacement. First one I got never did run - the tender got very warm. Sent it back - they sent me another - WILL NOT RUN ON DCC - barely moves.

They give you a pair of jumpers to convert to DC but since the decorder is hardwired, I can't install the jumpers. I don't know if I am going to send it back or just give up! Maybe I will make it a wall decoration.

the Bach-man

Dear John,
The question was whether a DCC loco would run on analog. It will.
Your situation, which is quite different, should be taken up with the service department.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

johnd

Sorry - should have said it will not run on DC.