News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman Digital commander set

Started by newbrailroader, January 14, 2009, 09:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newbrailroader

Hello, as my name suggest's I am new to the model railroading scene. Now I just purchased the bachman  ho digital commander set with 2 dcc equipped locos for my first set. Love it! the locos and rolling stock are nicely detalied and work great...very nice starter set If I do say so. But what I was wondering is if I can get sound out of these two locos and how? With what decoder, parts, etc etc ...

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Tylerf

Yeah for sound you need a sound decoder and speaker, some locos come equipped with places to install the speaker but i dont think the locomotives in that set do so there would be some possibly lots of modifications. the decoder itself is quite pricey, ive seen them ranger anywhere from 70-130 dollars and they range in dificulty to install. I have 4 sound equipped locos and it really is a great investment, but 3 were factory installed sound decoders and one was specially desinged for the kato locomotive. If there really is no space in the locos then i would suggest purchasing a dummy loco and installing sound in that, that way theres plenty of room for the decoder and speaker.
Tyler

newbrailroader

Ahhh ok. now who makes the parts? bachman? lenz? Aftermarket company? Am new to all of this but I would like to add some sound to these puppies!

Thanks for the info

the Bach-man

Dear New,
Soundtraxx makes excellent sound decoders for diesels.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

newbrailroader

Tylerf