News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

OO scale wheels

Started by BeeZeeNCee, January 18, 2009, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeZeeNCee

I'm trying to locate a United States supplier of OO scale Bachmann 12mm spoked wheels.  The specific item number I would like to get is 36-014.  These are 12mm diameter 8 spoke wheels with metal axle and rims, and they come 20 axles in a pack.  There are probably a hundred UK suppliers of this part, but I'd rather not pay shipping from there.  Anybody handle these in the ol' USofA??

WoundedBear

I found a listing for a 36014 30" spoked wheel on Bowser Train's site. Maybe give them a shout.

http://www.bowser-trains.com/

Sid

BeeZeeNCee

Sorry, Sid, but that part is 30" in HO, which is 0.344" in diameter, while the OO wheels are 12mm diameter, which is 0.472" in diameter.  These are actually closer to 41" wheels in HO.  Also, I see no indication that the Bowser wheels are spoked.  They are brass disc. 

Same part number, different manufacturer.  Ergo different part.

So, does anyone know of 42" diameter spoked wheels in HO?  I think I'll just try to get the foreign Bachmann part.  Many suppliers are OOS (out of stock) with that one too, but some still have it in stock.  Over in England!!!!  Doesn't anybody in the USA carry OO Bachmann parts????

D E S