Reports of Williams diesels shorting on UCS

Started by okiechoochoo, January 17, 2009, 02:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okiechoochoo

I have read a couple of postings within the last couple of months on various O gauge forums where operators have had the pickup rollers on Williams diesels short out on UCS/operating (RCS) sections.   One poster said he was having this problen on Lionel Fastrack sections, which I do not intend to use, while the other just said it was a modern track.  I intend to use the old fashioned Lionel tube track and operating section and wondered what type of switches, operating sections etc, that Bachman uses to test their trains.  I am hoping for no compatialbility problems as I will be runing almost entirely Williams engines.
Thanks

Bill Mutch

I use MTH Realtrax and have had no problem with shorting with my Williams diesels. There is some bounce or rub on the UCS but no shorting. The center disc on the UCS does look to be high on my track and it will derail K-Line steam in reverse.

cpkoltz2002

UCS-Would that be considered Ross or GarGraves track? I was thinking of using either brand but if there are problems I should just stick with tubular track.I do not want to part with my Williams/Bachmann locos

Brady

I've had some problems, take a look at this thread

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7986.0.html

I changed the title to better reflect the issue