News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alcos in action - video clip

Started by jon grant 4472, March 20, 2007, 03:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon grant 4472

I have been busy over the weekend installing three new Soundtraxx decoders into a couple of P1K RS2s and an Atlas RS3 (by far the harder one to do.

Here's a link to the video footage on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uslTeRxNzoE

I also have a request - a couple of the RS units should have a steam generator. Does anyone know who does the generator exhaust detail part and where to get them.

Thanks,

Jon
Modelling HO in the UK

My Blog

My Videos

My Railimages

wade

Great engine sound! I run Alcos for a living and its dead on, right down to the dying cow horn. We just retired our last 244 powered engine this past Summer. I listened to the F-M clip too. Does any one know if it's sound is accurate? Opposed piston engines are curious. I've never seen one run.
Wade
Wade

jon grant 4472

Thanks Wade.

Unfortunately I live in England and the nearest I've got to a F-M engine is on video.

Jon
Modelling HO in the UK

My Blog

My Videos

My Railimages

lanny

Jon,

Go to www.internettrains.com. They have a large number of desiel detail parts suppliers, and a fair number of the detail items are illustrated. Companies like "Details West", "Cannon and Company", and "Detail Asscociates" are three of many that they list. They say they have over 1,000 locomtive detail parts. I'm sure there are many other sources, but this one has a lot of information.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

chucknlead

I really enjoyed your videos. GOOD STUFF!!!!
Choooooo----------Choooooooo