News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Flex track

Started by F.B., January 18, 2009, 01:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.B.

Does anyone have experience with AMS code 250 narrow gauge flex track for outdoor use? I am considering using it to run my Bachmann K-27's on this track. The price is quite reasonable.
Thanks,
F.B.

altterrain

My buddy, Bruce Chandler, uses it for his railroad - http://www.jbrr.com/index.html. I have used the code 332 track and found it very nice to work with except that Split Jaw rail clamps would not hold the rail but I had no problem with other types of clamps (Aristo, Hillman).
Both of the above applications are battery powered railroads. The AMS track has the lowest amount of copper in it and can still be called brass. How this would effect a track powered situation is still unknown to me.

-Brian
President of

F.B.

Thanks Brian. one more question. how durable are the plastic ties. I live in Colorado at high altitude and the sun and cold are brutal. LGB and PIKO track do OK.
Thanks

F.B.

altterrain

That's a good question. The track has only been on the market for about 2 years now, I believe, so no long term usage yet. The track only has a one year warranty.

-Brian
President of

F.B.

Brian,
Thank you for the help.

F.B.

Loco Bill Canelos

FB
The track is UV Resistant. 

Check out their web site

http://www.accucraft.com/index.php?categoryID=53
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Old John

F.B.

I have about 1100 feet of the AMS Code 250 on plastic Narrow Gauge ties in Northeast Florida, no problems in the last 2 years with sun or heat - I find it great to use, weathers a little like LGB, but not quite as brown.

F.B.

Thanks to all for the information. I am going to purchase some track the next time I am in Denver. I will probable have to wait till May or June to lay more track. Snow should be mostly gone by then.

F.B.