News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann ez track

Started by newbrailroader, January 18, 2009, 02:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newbrailroader

I was wondering how much ez track can you run off of one digital command unit with 2 locos before you need to start upping the juice to the track? and how you would up the juice to that specific type of track?.... new to all this ... just trying to figure stuff out b4 i go buying a whole bunch of track

Thanks

Eryalen

If you use a 12 Ga or 10 Ga bus and connect to the track every three or four feet with 22 Ga you should be almost unlimited for trackage. The limiting factor would then be the power supply vs. the draw of your loco's.

Santa Fe buff

Well, a standard power pack provided from Bachmann provides the output of 12 volts of electricity. You could go with quite a bit of power, but it's recommended if you decided on a fairly large layout, you should add "Feeder" and "Bus" wires. The concept is fairly simple. You simple take that one entry point (Terminal Track) and feed the electricity to other pieces with multiple wires to spread out the electricity, therefore lowering the probability for dead spots. It is very easy to make. There is video on how to wire up feeders, but unfortunately it's provided by Model Railroader's website, and unless your a magazine subscriber, it's off limits. I'm not good at explaining all this kind of stuff, so here's an informative website:
http://www.building-your-model-railroad.com/model-railroad-wiring-2.html

Instead of soldering over your head under you layout, some use these:

Scotchlok Connectors. Instead of soldering over your head, you just snap them together. It transfers the electricity and is simple and easy!

Josh
- Joshua Bauer