News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Diesel Ideas

Started by superthomasfan, January 19, 2009, 08:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superthomasfan

Here we can discuss new diesel ideas for Bachmann's On30 line. Any ideas?  ???

aussie30inch

Hello everyone

Yes Mr Bachmann , a nice chunky Diesel would be nice , something that would please the multinationals would be good ( those out side of America ) here is a couple of ideas that would fit just nicely

Geoff

lvrr325

I had suggested a Newfoundland Railways EMD NF210, but after finding drawings and blowing them up to O scale, the thing is huge - as big as the 2-8-0 with the tender.  If someone offered EMD parts in O like you can get from Cannon & Co. in HO, I'd try building one though. 

Something on the order of a GE 44 or 70-tonner might be a wise choice - the unit could be designed so it could be offered as standard gauge, or On30 that could be adjusted to 24" or 36" if a modeler desired.  Theoretically it would then be possible to bang every possible market from On30 to scale O to Lionel O27 with the same basic superstructure, and because Bachmann has already done HO GE 44 and 70 tonners, it should reduce to an extent the research needed to do an O version.   

aussie30inch

Hello everyone

here is another 2 " Maybes " Mr bachmann both of which are Big Power  and would be very pleasing to most Modellers I would think and would fit just nicely for most

The first being SP Owen valley Diesel and the other an Ex Queensland Railways DH cass converted to 30inch gauge for the Puffing Billy railway

:D :D :D :D :D

Geoff

az2rail

The last picture posted above me here, reminds me of an RS1. I would buy somethimg like that.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

superthomasfan

I think Rich Yonder is coming up with an On30 Model of one of the locomotives.

Nick_Burman

B'mann already makes a GE 45ton loco in G scale, it's just a question of shrinking it to fit...

Cheers NB

az2rail

Superthomasfan is correct. Rich Yonder has an ad for the Southern Pacific shown in. As a matter of fact, it is the same picture.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

BIG BEAR

What are you kids thinking. I left HO to get away from Diesels. Please Bachmann, don't waste your efforts on Dieselizing On30.

Enjoy,
         Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

jestor

Quote from: BIG BEAR on January 24, 2009, 04:09:18 AM

What are you kids thinking. I left HO to get away from Diesels. Please Bachmann, don't waste your efforts on Dieselizing On30.

Enjoy,
         Barry
Boulder Valley Models sells nice bashing kits that transform Bachmann's 44 and 70 ton HO diesels into cool little "critters" that are DCC equipped.  So, i'll have to agree with Barry,with one exception; the White Pass and Yukon's ALCO's or GE's. If Bachmann produced either of these, I for one would sooooo  happy!  :) :) :) :)

LurchBird

The only problem with converting an HO diesel into an On30 unit is that the trucks are still HO scale. What makes a narrow gauge diesel interesting is the "oversized" trucks, like an awkward puppy with big feet.

superthomasfan

Don't forget what I said about railcars/railbuses/doodlebugs. ;)