News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Diesel Ideas

Started by superthomasfan, January 19, 2009, 08:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LurchBird

Super Thomas Fan,
I'd love to see a doodlebug, but I think the current railbus will be all that we see from Bachmann for a while. Oh well, I think those are easy to bash.

BTW, my son is a Thomas freak. I think the new animated faces shows are the best, as they still retain the "Trains on a layout" feel. Who knows what kid's shows he'd be watching if it weren't for Thomas.

Mark

superthomasfan

I see what you mean about the railbuses. I'm planning an On30 layout with cartoon characters and might get a railbus and Rio Grande Southern Railtruck no.1. I like Thomas, also. :) :D ;) ;D

Nick_Burman

Quote from: BIG BEAR on January 24, 2009, 04:09:18 AM

What are you kids thinking. I left HO to get away from Diesels. Please Bachmann, don't waste your efforts on Dieselizing On30.

Enjoy,
         Barry

Hey Barry, while you are getting out of diesels some people (like me for instance) would dearly opt for a NG growler... I like modernized NG railroads, with "big" diesels, steel cars and heavy trains, a "big" growler would find a sure home here! Like the GE UM6B locos once used in South Africa, 4 to a train lifting 600ton + loads up 3% grades on rails only 24" apart...pure magic!

Cheers NB

superthomasfan

Has there been any narrow gauge boxcab diesels?  ???

Tim

Superthomasfan

Yes

"Boulder Valley Models" makes 0n30 conversion kits for "Bachmann" diesel mechanisms.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

superthomasfan

I don't do anything I can't assemble.

jestor

Quote from: superthomasfan on January 25, 2009, 09:37:47 PM
I don't do anything I can't assemble.
Some assembly is required in kitbashing. You get better at it each time ya do it.  :)

aussie30inch

hello everyone

It was mentioned here a while ago about the SAR class 91 diesel, which were build in the US by GE , model number UM6B's with the Classic GE look would be a great type to concider for a model.What do you think? ;) the bottem picture with the bachmann plup wood flats! ;D

Geoff

superthomasfan

Looks like one of GE's U-boats.  ;)

jestor

What are you kids thinking. I left HO to get away from Diesels. Please Bachmann, don't waste your efforts on Dieselizing On30.

Enjoy,
         Barry

You didn't have to leave HO "to get away from diesels". There are many steam loco's in HO. Admit it, you just like ON-30 better cause ON-30 is FUNNER!

LurchBird

Geoff,
those are some awesome looking diesels. Thanks for posting.

Seems like there are a lot of possibilities for Bachmann here. They could create a B-B or C-C chassis and put a bunch of different shells on it.

Mark

superthomasfan

Quote from: jestor on January 31, 2009, 05:58:54 AM

Enjoy,
         Barry

That's why I'm interested in On30.  :) ;) :D ;D

You didn't have to leave HO "to get away from diesels". There are many steam loco's in HO. Admit it, you just like ON-30 better cause ON-30 is FUNNER!