News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hello from Alberta

Started by WoundedBear, March 20, 2007, 04:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

Thanks for the warm welcome Gents.......I feel at home already.

Gene....ya...I remember that tune now.....unfortunately....lol......it should be right here in my record collection....let's see....Styx, Supertramp, Thin Lizzy, The Tubes, U2, Uriah Heep.....nope.....skipped right over that Tyson one....lmao.

Rich.....I did the car thing for 7 years steady in VA....almost to the point of burn-out....I was getting to be a "rivet-counter" with the builds. I specialized in classic funny cars but built damn near anything automotive. With the train layout I can freelance and play around to my heart's content. This time I'm doing a hobby for FUN.

My crowning achievment, though, with the auto building, was winning the Hobbytown USA Fall 2006 National Model Contest. The link to the Hobby Outlook Magazine website is below.

http://magazine.hobbytown.com/0026.html

It was the gift certificate for the win that bought me my HO Climax.

I have found in my years of model building that.....modelling is modelling....instead of drilling .020" holes and installing injector lines, I'm drilling .020" holes and installing handrails.

My biggest learning curve is going to be the weathering.......it's like starting all over again.....you get so used to the shiny wet look paint jobs that I fiond it hard to even picture a weather job in my head. But, like all modelling skills....practice makes perfect.

I'm still finding interesting threads buried pages back.

Build on!!

Sid

r.cprmier

Sid;
See the thread on airbrushes here.  I will reiterate for you my take:  There are many books that associate with weathering, but one by John Pryke via Model Railroader/Kalmbach Publications.  John is extremely accomplished and knowledgeable in this field.  Check it out; you won't be sorry.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!