News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track

Started by Teamanglerx, March 29, 2007, 10:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamanglerx

My layout is N Scale EZ Track on top of 1" foam.  What is the best way to fasten the track down?  I have heard that ordinary white glue works but I also have been told you need something different.  Any suggestions will be helpful.  Thanks!

LD303

ive used acrylic caulking with pretty good success, holds well, but you can still take the track loose if you want to.
     i wouldnt use anything like liquid nails or gorilla glue if you plan on ever getting it loose again.

The Great Destroyer

"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."

SteamGene

How are you going to use track nails with EZ-Track?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

ebtbob

Well Gene,

I guess if the poster before you thought it out,  he would have added that one would have to drill holes in the ez track roadbed.   Then again,  he would then have to advise us as to how he expects nails to hold into one inch foam after the nail as passed thru the roadbed,  thus using about 1/2 the total length of the nail.
      I sit with great anticipation.   Really,  gluing the ez track roadbed down is the only real possibility unless you have a wood sub bed under the foam.  Then you could,  indeed drill holes thru the ez track roadbed, and get nails long enough to go thru the roadbed and foam,  and bite into the wood.
Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Terry Toenges

Depending on how permanent you want it, double sided tape would work.
Feel like a Mogul.

ebtbob

Terry,

Thanks for you contribution.   It has actually put me on to a possible solution for something I am working on with my On30 railroad.

Thanks again,

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

The Great Destroyer

Actually,
Juat by nails in the same gauge but a bit longer.I find picture frame nails to work good.Heat the end up push it through and BAM!Track nails for E-Z track

Quote from: SteamGene on April 09, 2007, 08:05:41 AM
How are you going to use track nails with EZ-Track?
Gene
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."