News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Thomas !?!

Started by altterrain, January 21, 2009, 01:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altterrain

Lewis Polk mentioned on the Aristo forum that Bachmann is coming out with Thomas in large scale - http://www.aristocraft.com/vbulletinforums/showthread.php?t=13618
Is this true, Mr. Bachmann? and where the pics?  :o

-Brian
President of

Loco Bill Canelos

Congratulations to Bachmann for the Thomas in G Scale.  What a great move!!  All one has to do is visit the Colorado Railroad museum on a "Thomas" day to see how overwhelmingly popular the Thomas Brand is.  It will be a great way to introduce new younger folks and their parents to the joy of Large Scale Trains.  I know at least one grandchild who is already on the "waiting" list.   Great move Bachmann.  When will they come out??  I know anticipate !@#$.   

Now that Lewis  :-X has let the train out of the bag, it is time for Bachmann to announce Thomas formally instead of waiting til the Feb Show!!!

Guess Bachmann will no longer be able to let Lewis in on the new stuff anymore LOL ;D  :P  ;)
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

altterrain

There is a press release put out by Jack Lynch -

Bachmann's Thomas & Friends™ Line
Expands into Large Scale

Philadelphia, PA . . . Model railroad manufacturer Bachmann Trains is pleased to announce a licensing agreement with HIT Entertainment through which Bachmann is granted rights to Large Scale Thomas & Friends™ products in the United States and Canada. Bachmann first introduced HO scale Thomas & Friends™ products in 2002, and over the years has worked closely with HIT Entertainment to create train sets and separate-sale offerings that deliver railroading adventures to children of all ages.
Bachmann's expansion into Large Scale Thomas & Friends™ is a natural progression in this relationship. New product announcements for Bachmann's Large Scale Thomas & Friends™ offerings will be made at Toy Fair '09 in New York (The Javits Center, Booth 355, February 15-18, 2009).

I guess they don't feel the need to share this with us peons.  ;)

-Brian
President of

armorsmith

Just before Christmas I purchased a 'sealed in the original package' Lionel Thomas, Annie and Clarabelle off eBay. Pricey for a collectors item.

Now I get the press release that Bachmann is coming out with one. Unfortunately the press release does not mention whether or not any rolling stock will come with Thomas.

I am hoping that the Bachmann might share the MSRP with us.

Bob

vic

Emily, I want Emily, I desire Emily. Make Emily.
::)

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The release is on the home page, under Featured Products.
More to come!
the Bach-man

tac

I really hope that in spite of this being a large-scale 'Thomas' that the rest of the 'story' will be confined to the 'Thomas' pages.

The best idea on earth was to separate the 'Thomas' fans out so that they can do their 'Thomas' thing on their own forum.

tac
www.ovgrs

Cheeky_ULP

True tac, I don't post here too much, but I'm glad to see Thomas coming into Large Scale. If the models are cheap (for their scale!), they make great bases to modify into decent Gauge 1 Models (Large Scale is G scale, right?), so I'm very excited about this; the club I'm part of has a great Garden Railroad I could run stock on.

GovB

I guess this answers my question on the Thomas & Friends discussion board about when/if Bachmann will ever offer Thomas & Friends with DCC. I never imagined large scale. This is great Bach Mann. This is one giant step toward a DCC Thomas & Friends product line. The kid in me looks forward to the first release.

Bach Mann, you rock! :D

GovB

PS, I agree with tac as well.
Happy Rails to You, GovB

Tom Lapointe

Glad to see Bachmann is FINALLY to be producing a Large-Scale "Thomas" line! ;D 

Assuming you guys are able to price Large-Scale "Thomas" sets comparable to some of the "Annie" sets, I think Bachmann will sell a trainload  ;) of them!  (Also couldn't think of a loco that would be a bigger hit if offered in a Christmas set!  :o ).

I think even some of us "serious" Large-Scale railroaders  ;) might consider adding a Thomas set to the roster just to entertain younger visitors!  :D        Tom

Barry BBT

Loco Bill,

I think those Thomas's you saw at the Colorado are one's that I converted for them.  Haven't heard anything back, so I assume they are all right.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.