News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question for Mr. B

Started by ThomasFan247, January 22, 2009, 06:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

Dear Mr. B,
Do you have to have some kind of membership to attend the Toy Fair 2009 or do you just have to pay a fee at the door??? I want to get there to see the announcements for the G-Scale Thomas Range.

Thanks,
Christian

the Bach-man

Dear Christian,
The Toy Fair is open to the trade only- sorry!
the Bach-man

ThomasFan247

Also: 1. Will the engines be compatible with outdoor use? 2. Will they have special effects (smoke units, lighted lamps, etc.)? 3. Will the couplers be hook & loop, knuckle, or british couplers (couplers used for real british trains)?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on January 23, 2009, 05:01:21 PM
Also: 1. Will the engines be compatible with outdoor use? 2. Will they have special effects (smoke units, lighted lamps, etc.)? 3. Will the couplers be hook & loop, knuckle, or british couplers (couplers used for real british trains)?
Most likely Knuckle couplings and be compatible for outdoors. Large scale is generally G scale and Gauge 1.

Guilford Guy

I might actually put money on the hook and loop... Those are much more widespread in the LS world... The trains can be used outdoors, the track cannot. There is no such think is G scale... It is a 1/32 scale train on 45mm/#1 Gauge track.
Alex

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Guilford Guy on January 23, 2009, 11:50:50 PM
I might actually put money on the hook and loop... Those are much more widespread in the LS world... The trains can be used outdoors, the track cannot. There is no such think is G scale... It is a 1/32 scale train on 45mm/#1 Gauge track.
Actually there is such thing as G-Scale. It's the same as Large Scale & 1 Gauge.

Michael J. Caboose

G scale isn't quite a scale. G incorporates anything that runs on the common large scale track. In a sense you are both right.

But the term G Gauge would be more correct.