News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Who makes these?

Started by jbsmith, January 22, 2009, 09:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbsmith

Stumbled across this,

http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-49082.jsp?cm_ven=Shopping&cm_cat=NexTag&cm_pla=Direct&cm_ite=49082-Collectible%20NFL%20Football%20Chicago%20Bears%20Express%20Electric%20Train%20Set%20Collection

But nowhere does it say WHO makes this.

I can still recall TYCO used to do this sort of thing,,make promotional train
sets that is.

Dr EMD

They are Bachmann's.

(Will not grow in value)
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

jbsmith

aha!,after a bit of research,,so far the track looks likeBachman track,,
these Might be Bachman made sets,,

This appears to be the main page,,lots of different themed sets,
football, baseball,,U.S. Armed forces,,police,,all sorts of stuff.
worth a Look anyways.

http://hawthornevillage.collectiblestoday.com/ct/store/hw

jbsmith

Quote from: Dr EMD on January 22, 2009, 10:05:59 PM
They are Bachmann's.

(Will not grow in value)

yep,,i agree

the value part,,,maybe,,maybe not,,it is subjective,, what one might not give
a nickel for, another might shell out $100 for. 'Tis all  in the eye of the beholder!

Still i thought these were interesting and different. Worth sharing with those whom were not aware that these even existed.

Michael J. Caboose

I have to say I liked the Batman set!

But a Star Trek set? Really? Give me a Star Wars set instead and maybe we'll talk  ;)

I do find these interesting. Not sure I'd ever buy one but if you need a lot of F-units with sports themes, movie themes, Presidents, NASCAR drivers, rock n' roll stars, military themes or legendary cars, then I can see where one might want one.

The batman one really did catch my eye. Must look away!

MJC

jacksonjag

A Grandson received the Spiderman set, & I, the Police set, as gifts.  Spread out over a couple of Holidays (Birthdays, Christmas, etc.)  Nickel silver Bachmann EZ-track.  Does everything have to be prototypical?

Santa Fe buff

I got something like that in the mail, except it was to order a U.S. eagle train just like that. It included a bunch of Nickel Silver E-Z track with a Spectrum power-pack. I believe they are possibly made by Bachmann, but I think the one who I was ordering these models from was call Woodland Village something. I completely forget.

I don't know if Bachmann painted the locomotives and cars, but you get it in the mail through that company. They wanted like 3-Payments of $40.00. My parents said, "No Deal.".

Looks cool.

My uncle got one of those things, his was an Dale Earnhardt F-A and F-B unit with an oval of E-Z track and a power pack. He said they won't stop sending him things like that and charging him. He finally quite the subscription. But still has the locos. I'll ask him who it was, for I'm so positive it's the same company that sold his to him and the one I got in the mail...

Odd.
Josh

EDIT: I looked around on the page, I found the company; Hawthorne Village
Scroll far down.
- Joshua Bauer