Decoder instal on On30 Shay Bachan

Started by fsm1000, May 17, 2009, 12:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsm1000

I have installed a tsunami decoder on to my On30 Bachman shay and video taped the whole thing.

I have not found anything like this anyplace so I decided to share this with everyone so that you to can instal a decoder as well.

I hope that you find this helpful.

I am not a pro so please don't berate me for not having a professional video. At least I have tried. If anyone wants to give me a proper camcorder I will be happy to make better videos.

As it is I am using a camera in video mode and it is ok but not great.
Go to my main page and scroll down to the date "Saturday May 16th 2009" for the links to it.

Anyhow, for those who want this help it is here for you.

Enjoy :)

http://fsm1000.googlepages.com

OkieRick

That's a very good instructional video.  Anyone getting ready to install a decoder on a DCC ready locomotive could learn something.

I also checked out some of your other videos and photo 'how to' guides.

Good work.

Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

renniks

Have found that it is wise to place removed screws in a small jar (or even just the screw -on lid)--- placing them on the worktable usually results in one or more ending up on the floor as you move things around.

Eric UK

rustyrails

I save pill bottles for just this purpose.  I find it especially helpful to have screws and other small parts corraled when Henry the Cat decides to "help."
Rusty

Yampa Bob

I have a bunch of plastic "job trays", they measure 9" X 6" X 2" deep. The loco and loose parts stay in the tray until the job is done.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

OkieRick

Mee Too. I do all the above then guess where my screws, nuts. bolts and washers are next time I go hunting them. Actually I use empty small cups with plastic see-through lids butter comes in. (Country Crock or Sheds Spread). 

In all honesty, I thought fsm1000 might have gone with 9pin JST to 8 pin NMRA harness.

Then again if I had use of my fingers I'd be dammed before I bought a 2 or 3 inch long bundle of wires with the appropriate ends on them for $5.00+ - that's what the plug is for.

Still it's a good presentation.  For a foreigner fsm1000 spiks goot Eenglesh.  :D ::)

Rick

PS - I always clean up after making a mess.  Run the vacuum, wash the walls, use the air freshener, change my clothes, etc.
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

fsm1000

Thank you Rick
I am glad you found my stuff of some helpfulness and use :)