News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decoder not detected

Started by jaellis, January 24, 2009, 01:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaellis

Hi all,

I am having a problem with two of my 'DCC On Board' Bachmann loco's.  I know these are limited function decoders but they are not being deceted by my system when I try to reprogram them.  I wanted to change the address of one of them to run them together but I keep getting the no decoder detected message.  I check other locos with other decoders and no problem.  I know the decoders are in there, they took the address I programmed the first time and function fine off of those.  But now I can't seem to change anything or even get a readback.  I am using a Digitrax Zepher and have tried page, phys, ops all to no avail.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
        Jim

Hunt

Workaround required for CV read and programming a non-sound Bachmann decoder using a Digitrax Zephyr.

Workaround --- Place a 1000 Ohm, ΒΌ Watt resistor across the programming track. Remove the resistor after you finish programming the Bachmann decoder.

jaellis

Thanks Hunt, I will try that.  Only question on that is that I was able to program the address in the first time with no problem.  I will give it a try though.