Turn around time for Bachmann service

Started by boomertom, January 24, 2009, 09:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boomertom

It looks as if I will need to send my E-Z Command to Philadelphia, from other posts I have read I am concerned about the time I can expect to be without the controller (one writer had experienced a time lapse from mid October to present time with no results)

Could someone give me some assurance that that was an exception rather than typical time frame; this was a Christmas gift, I would hope to have it running before Christmas 2009.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

az2rail

I sent them an ON30 engine once. They sent me a card stating that it would take 30 days for the repair. I received my engine back in about 28.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Yampa Bob

About a year ago I was told by service that locomotives are serviced in the order in which they are received and unpacked.  However,  EZ Command controllers are rarely repaired, just replaced, so they get a different priority.

On the outside of the box,write clearly: Attention EZ Command Service

I received a replacement EZ Command within 2 weeks. Your time may vary.

I did not send the cables or the power supply to save shipping costs by USPS priority mail.  I had verified the power supply was working.  Also keep the ID card and the extra cards.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

I recently sent in a DOA decapod and got a new one in 2 weeks.

boomertom

Thanks for the information, I will keep my fingers crossed.

YampaBob any reason you used USPS priority instead of UPS?

Boomertom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Yampa Bob

Only that in my case it was cheaper by about $3.00, and a couple days faster. Rates may vary in your area.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.