News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Park trains

Started by superthomasfan, January 25, 2009, 12:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superthomasfan

Do you guys think park trains would be a good idea for Bachmann?

Take, for example, this engine.

http://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=5321

jestor

NO! I'm sure that they are too busy.

ossygobbin

superthomasfan
have you nothing better to do than keep starting new topics on the on30 board . you post way too many links for allsorts of things that bachmann wont make. i think you would be better off on the thomas board as your name suggests. by the way you are not the only annoying poster on the on30 board.

USAF_Andy

I am glad to see that I am not the only onew to think this way.  I know that kids are the future of the hobby, but there is a limit to ones patience. 

superthomasfan

Quote from: ossygobbin on January 31, 2009, 02:48:14 PM
superthomasfan
have you nothing better to do than keep starting new topics on the on30 board . you post way too many links for allsorts of things that bachmann wont make. i think you would be better off on the thomas board as your name suggests. by the way you are not the only annoying poster on the on30 board.

Please don't criticise me. :'(
Just because I'm called superthomas fan, doesn't mean I have to do a Thomas layout. I gave up that concept long ago.

Hamish K

If you really do want a park train in On30 it is easy. Bachmann's inside frame 4-4-0 (early version) is very close, just paint it in bright colours! Bachmann's model is very close to the Mt Gretna locos (the Bachmann model has a second dome) that were built for a short tourist line., i.e. it was essentially a park train. Bachmann's model is also close to the Crown park train products.

For rolling stock you would need kits unless or untill Bachmann produces an On30 excursion car. Mount  Blue have a kit that uses the chasis from the Bachmann passenger cars, and there are others.

I agree with the other posters, thoughtful ideas as to what Bachmann might produce, with examples, are welcome, but simply posting whatever you come across with out any thought as to whether it is a sensible or likely product for Bachmann is annoyin.

Hamish

Terry Toenges

Bachmann would have to pay licensing rights to make models of locos in specific parks. Think about UP.
Feel like a Mogul.

Linzthom

Take a loco. Any loco.

Sit on a bit of track. Any track.

Glue the whole lot on a board.

Add a bit of scenry and kids play ground equipment.

Not only do you have a park train but you have one parked up as well............................ ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Sorry about that, chief. It just slipped out. ;D
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

superthomasfan

Quote from: Linzthom on February 01, 2009, 04:41:25 PM
Take a loco. Any loco.

Sit on a bit of track. Any track.

Glue the whole lot on a board.

Add a bit of scenry and kids play ground equipment.

Not only do you have a park train but you have one parked up as well............................ ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Sorry about that, chief. It just slipped out. ;D

I guess your right. Any engine could be a park engine. Take the locomotives at Knott's Berry Farm, for example.

By the way, when I said "park trains" I didn't mean the engines built by major companies such as Baldwin.

Dusten Barefoot

I don't think Bachmann would have to pay Baldwin Locomotive Works anything. I think they might have to pay the park. Or Crown Locomotive works, which is owned by Tweetise Railroad. Speaking of that. You could take the new ET&WNC 4-6-0 coming out, and paint her up in the crappy tourist scheme that's at TRR......or take the other locomotives and take some bright colors to them, and add a park name of your choice, and presto' a park locomotive.

Btw. I'm Not trying to sound rude, but you really have to limit your posting on product ideas. I mean it is great and all, but the product ideas are very strange and un-common to get produced in the 1st place.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

superthomasfan

Quote from: Dusten Barefoot on February 02, 2009, 10:10:50 AM
I don't think Bachmann would have to pay Baldwin Locomotive Works anything. I think they might have to pay the park. Or Crown Locomotive works, which is owned by Tweetise Railroad. Speaking of that. You could take the new ET&WNC 4-6-0 coming out, and paint her up in the crappy tourist scheme that's at TRR......or take the other locomotives and take some bright colors to them, and add a park name of your choice, and presto' a park locomotive.

Btw. I'm Not trying to sound rude, but you really have to limit your posting on product ideas. I mean it is great and all, but the product ideas are very strange and un-common to get produced in the 1st place.

Rock On!
Dusten

It's  OK. I need a break anyways. ;)