News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Cartoon characters

Started by superthomasfan, January 25, 2009, 06:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superthomasfan

Hello. As I mentioned in a thread, I'm planning an On30 layout. I plan it to have cartoon characters. Any Advice?  ???

Joe Satnik

Boris and Natasha trying to dynamite the track. 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

superthomasfan

Where am I going to find figures of them close to 1/48 scale?  ???

0n30nutz

A man after my own heart, or should I say twisted mind....
  Looney Tunes are the best...years ago I found some small xmas decorations of Bugs as a Salvation Army bell ringer, Daffy as a mailman, Sylvester and Tweety with winter scarves on fighting, and Marvin in a flying saucer...they scale/measure to about o scale, so on my xmas teee platform they can be spotted in various places.. ;D
  In a local Eckard's drug store, I found a 1/43 scale 1940's Batmobile complete with the Batman...guess where he will be soon? ::)
  It's best to just kind of 'sprinkle' them around and watch visitor's reaction when found. :D

Have fun and enjoy!

Regards,

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...

Nick_Burman

"Fiddletown & Copperopolis"? The railroad as the cartoon itself? Bachmann makes all the elements - 4-4-0's, 2-8-0, geared locos, railbus (you can recreate the cartoon of the "natives" giving the railcar salesman the "blanket treatment" - http://narrowmind.railfan.net/Railbus/F-C-McKeen.jpg - or the inauguration of "Leaping Lizard" service - http://narrowmind.railfan.net/Railbus/F-C-railcar.jpg).

Cheers NB

superthomasfan

Don't feel shy to mention animes(Japanese cartoons) and video games.

lvrr325

Lionel has a series of Polar Express figures. 

superthomasfan

Yeah, but I'm not interested in Polar Express.

Mister Lee

I keep wishing that some model railroad manufacturer could come to a happy and inexpensive understanding with the Charles Addams estate. Considering the role that O-gauge tinplate played in both the Addams Family television series and the first Addams Family movie, I think a model railroad/tinplate/Addams Family connection is a natural.

Imagine Gomez, Morticia, and the kids waiting for a train. Or some poor wretch hoisted high in a man-sized cage from a old-time High Ball signal. Or a happy Pugsley Addams joyfully awaiting the receipt of his pet reptilian monster from the REA man.

Some of the wargamer figures might have possibilities for a Morticia or possibly an Uncle Fester.

Other than that, it looks like make-your-own.

superthomasfan

Why the Adams Family? My trains will be in big danger, now!!  :o

az2rail

What is it you want to modify? If you want to cut off the hole for the key chain, you can use a knife or Demel to cut the part, then just match the paint.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

aussie30inch

superthomasfan  if you werent spending so much time with all this mindless dribble you may have more time to spend on learning how to kit bash and model like everyone else here

testing patients >:(

geoff