News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

MRC?

Started by Frisco, January 25, 2009, 09:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Hi, everyone. I was just on the MRC website and I noticed that they were not making DCC systems anymore...then I saw the same for decoders and DC power packs. I also looked at their non train items and saw the same thing. Have anyone heard if they are closing?

Jim Banner

Could you please give a link to the website you were on?
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Frisco

richG

Ok, where specifically does it say no more DCC?

Rich

LeeTrainsYuma

Looks more like a web page problem than them not making them. DCC is on other pages.

hotrainlover

It does not state that there will be "No more DCC"...  I do see that there is not any actual information when you look at the individual pages.  It does talk about a NEW system..  Prodigy Advance 2 "Squared"...  though.
When you click on the decoders, it does state "Product no longer available", for the SALE items...

richG

You have to be careful with stuff like this. "Mis-Information" can be generated by someone who does not check out things.

I belong to the Yahoo MRC group which is active and nothing like has been generated. It is not a forum run by MRC but the members keep up with things.

Rich

Jim Banner

Click on the link below:

http://www.modelrectifier.com/train-controls/dcc-prodigy.asp

Then click on
Prodigy Wireless, or on
Prodigy Advance2 "Squared", or on
Prodigy Express

They all come up saying "This product is no longer available."

If this is misinformation, it was not generated by Frisco.

I find it eerily reminiscent of Keller Engineering.  One morning they just weren't there any more.  For the sake of those with investments in MRC DCC, I hope it is just a website failure.  But what a strange failure mode that would be.

Rich, I hope you will keep us informed of developments as posted to the Yahoo MRC group.

richG

I am sure if you write a nice email inquiring about there products, MRC would send you a reply. Anything from anyone else could be considered rumor.

Rich

r0bert

It appears to be more a case of a malfunctioning website.

richG

I sent an email last night to MRC,  rrtech@modelrectifier.com

I received an answer this morning that says the site is always wrong and he has no control over it.

Rich

boomertom

:)  MRC web site has been fixed and verifies that Prodigy Express, Prodigy Advance Squared and Wireless are all going strong.

The Express still looks like a good step up frm E-Z Command when layout warrents it.
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

richG

Hi Frisco

You actually accomplished some thing good with your post. MRC cleaned up the site according to someone on the Yahoo MRC site.
Someone on the Yahoo MRC site is also a MRC dealer and what vey upset at what MRC was doing.

I was WRONG  :-[ at saying anything negative. You helped clear up something no one was aware of.

Good job.  :)

Rich
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I copied from the Yahoo MRC forum.
Quote:
Charlie,
yes i do not have control over the website as i am only the tech support
guy, and have no time to constantly monitor it,  but if a customer lets me  know
there is a problem i bring it up to the "powers that be", just as i did  this
morning after receiving your e-mail
they said there was a server problem over the weekend and the problem will
be corrected
please keep me advised in the future if you notice anymore web  problems
thank you
Frank

Rich

Jim Banner

Some web developer should be getting his butt kicked this morning.  Having a website that defaults to "no longer available" is not exactly good public relations. 

Good on ya, Rich, for bringing their problem to their attention.