News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Disappointed with Bachmann.

Started by ganerd, January 26, 2009, 04:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richG

I love building and kit bashing.... currently I am scratch building a coal fired 7.5 inch gauge Ps-4 4-6-2 NO joke! Will be about 12ft long and weigh about 1200lbs when done.... Not all that far along, just finished the trailing truck and getting ready to do the cylinders.

- Andrew

Hi Andrew

I hope we can see some photos of this loco in the future. The Pioneer Valley Live Steamers is about twenty miles from where I live. It is alway a nice visit.

http://pioneervalleylivesteamers.org/

Some years ago I rode behind a massive 4-8-2.

Rich

Terry Toenges

Rich - I read the forum about no "C&O".
I guess he's complaining about the C&O stuff being dropped.
Perhaps the "thousands of C&O modelers" weren't buying enough C&O stuff to keep the products going.
Feel like a Mogul.

ganerd

Quote from: Pacific Northern on January 26, 2009, 08:42:37 PM
Bachmann did release a few Southern Spectrum steamers. I have a 4-8-2 Light Mountain as well as a 2-8-0 in the Southern livery. They certainly are striking in their Southern Green Livery.
Thanks...but didn't really want green because less than 5% of the steam engines were actually green. It would be more typical or authentic to have the more common basic black steam engines with Southern decals...
But thanks anyway.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Pacific Northern on January 26, 2009, 08:42:37 PM
Bachmann did release a few Southern Spectrum steamers. I have a 4-8-2 Light Mountain as well as a 2-8-0 in the Southern livery. They certainly are striking in their Southern Green Livery.

Are there not decals available for the Southern?
Pacific Northern