News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

It really is a Bachmann.......

Started by skipgear, January 27, 2009, 02:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipgear

My SD45R that I have been working on for not quite a year is done, except for a few minor things which I may or may not address......

The gap between the long hood and the cab in the above shot being one of the things I want to address.....

The wiring to make it all work....left to right...
Ngineering Ditchlight simulator
Custom built momentary contact (Styrene sheet with PB tabs) to switch lights from constant to alternating (press on horn to acctuate)
Ngineering DC Power unit to power number boards independent of direction.
Under DC power unit scrap of original light board to use as a solder pad to bring it all together and power the headlight and tail light.

Brass handrails with Gold Medal stantions.
BLMA Fans and Grabs...may still add wipers.
Kato fuel tank and plow.
Scratch built, socketed and replaceable ditchlights.
Short hood is a resin casting from and Atlas SD to get the ratchet brake detail.
Fine stainless mesh radiator grilles.

More pictures here: http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/showgallery.php/cat/1767

The shell and molding detail on these loco's is very good, there are a few things that just don't set right (Rides to high, shape above radiator grilles is wrong....both corrected in this model) that corrected would make these top notch. If Bachmann would give up on the inboard pickup system and go to needlepoint axle pickups like everybody else, these loco's would be a lot more popular. Leave the axle and wheel wipers to the HO guys. You proved you can do it with the steam tenders, now please do it with diesels.

This has been fun but it's time to get back to steam.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

NKP